Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I had to little taken out of my paycheck last year and think I owe a penalty.

I need to pay around $1600 (in pvs. years I received big rebates, so I changed my deductions, unfortunately, too much)

I do my taxes on my own, and I understand you can have the IRS "calc. the penalty for you" . I hear that in some cases you can be charged a penalty and interest. Should I be worried about any interest or putting the calcs. in someone else's hands. I would prefer to just pay the penalty and have it over with.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.