Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Since MGI board was closed years ago, and it seems very few individual company boards get much activity now, I thought I'd post this here, since it's relatively busy.

And I know I should have posted something a few days ago, my apologies to anyone who might have taken advantage if I had.
MGI just reported good numbers. Is there more upside? I don't know. All my remaining shares have $3 calls written against them (for a very nice profit, unless shares go well below $3). All the shares that I had written the Nov $2 call options against got called early.

Take a look if interested. I won't be drinking beefeaters this winter. Maybe I'll even buy those gourmet olives.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
I'm too cheap to eat anything "gourmet" but Moneygram did have a good quarter.

Overall revenue was basically flat YoY, but money transfer revenue was up roughly 5%, so the core of the company's business is doing OK. MoneyGram handily beat Wall Street expectations -- something investors tend to get excited about.

Fuskie
Who would beware of short term market exuberance, however, and focus on the long term (3-5 years or longer) growth potential of the company...

-----
Premium Home Fool: Ask me a Foolish Question, I'll give you a Foolish Response!
Ticker Guide: The Walt Disney Company (DIS), Intuit (INTU), Live Nation (LYV), CME Group (CME), MongoDB (MDB), Trip Advisor (TRIP), Vivendi SA (VIVHY), Mimecast (MIME), Hain Celestial (HAIN), Royce Micro Capital Trust (RMT)
Disclaimer: This post is non-professional and should not be construed as direct, individual or accurate advice
Disassociation: The views and statements of this post are Fuskie's and are not intended to represent those of The Motley Fool or any other sane body
Disclosure: May own shares of some, many or all of the companies mentioned in this post (tinyurl.com/FuskieDisclosure)
Fool Code of Conduct: https://www.fool.com/legal/the-motley-fools-rules.aspx#Condu...
Invitation: You are invited to interactively watch Motley Fool Live online television: https://livechat.fool.com
Call to Action: If you like this or any other post, Rec it. Better yet, reply to it. Even better, start your own thread. This is YOUR TMF Community!
Print the post Back To Top