Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
>> A Virginia woman is in custody after police say she rammed her car into a vehicle outside the entrance of Bethesda Naval medical.

Police say an officer at the hospital shot at the woman's car after the collision Tuesday morning but did not strike her. The officer was injured, apparently when he used a baton to strike the woman's car.

Montgomery County Police spokesman Paul Starks identifies the woman as Angela Akosua Cobbold from Manassas. Starks says she is being treated and charges are pending.

Starks says earlier Tuesday, Cobbold's car had been spotted going more than 90 mph on Interstate 66 in Virginia. He says officers also received a report that the woman was seen eating a bar of soap. <<
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/shot-fired-md-base-includ...

arrete
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Montgomery County Police spokesman Paul Starks identifies the woman as Angela Akosua Cobbold from Manassas. Starks says she is being treated and charges are pending.

Starks says earlier Tuesday, Cobbold's car had been spotted going more than 90 mph on Interstate 66 in Virginia. He says officers also received a report that the woman was seen eating a bar of soap. <<
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/shot-fired-md-base-includ......

arrete
-----------------------------------------------------
.....ah! In order to make a clean getaway. Makes perfect sense.
He says officers also received a report that the woman was seen eating a bar of soap.

She must have been saying some pretty bad words in order for her to wash out her own mouth.
what brand was she eating? :)

Isn't that a form of pica when people eat starch, rocks, ice, etc?

I know when Momma washed my mouth out with soap when I was a youngster, it tasted awful, I can't imagine how my tummy would feel after eating a bar of soap.

Hey, you've heard of that drug, what do they call it? chit...harmless name but drug screws up the head bigtime, makes them take their clothes off....I can't remember. Maybe this soap thing is another drug...that is, it's not really soap, it's something else.

In any event, she's fricking crazy and in jail. She's lucky she didn't kill anyone.

LD
One way of getting rid of bad heartburn is to swallow a bit of soap (assuming you don't have Tums or Pepcid AC around). The base in the soap cancels out the acid causing the heartburn. I've tried it when I was desperate....it works!!
One way of getting rid of bad heartburn is to swallow a bit of soap (assuming you don't have Tums or Pepcid AC around). The base in the soap cancels out the acid causing the heartburn. I've tried it when I was desperate....it works!!
AOLFool

>>>>>>>
this must be one of those Mongolian cures from the old country. :)

Ever since I got pneumonia, whenever I get heartburn, I get flushed...like a hot flash, then I get crushing pains across my chest....the same feeling I had with pneumonia, first couple of times this happened, I got freaked out, thinking it was a heart attack, but after two Tum's and a couple of sips of water, it passes. It's the dangest thing.

So, I keep a little baggie of Tum's in both cars and in my tote bag, just in case it happens somewhere. It happened one morning when I was at recorder class, I knew I was in trouble so I excused myself and went out to the car and got my Tum's and water and thankfully, it passed and I could toot away on my recorder.

I'm weird too. :)

LD
LD, I used to use Tums too. The only trouble is that the relief is temporary. I then used Pepcid AC (or Tagamet). Their effects last almost all day. Tums simply cancel out the acid in your stomach. But if your stomach continues to produce it, before long, it'll burn again. Pepcid AC will actually cause your stomach to produce less acid for a good part of hte day.
Prilosec, or the store brand. One a day works all day.
Ever since I got pneumonia, whenever I get heartburn, I get flushed...like a hot flash, then I get crushing pains across my chest....the same feeling I had with pneumonia, first couple of times this happened, I got freaked out, thinking it was a heart attack, but after two Tum's and a couple of sips of water, it passes. It's the dangest thing.

You HAVE mentioned this to your doctor, HAVEN'T YOU.

</Dad>
He says officers also received a report that the woman was seen eating a bar of soap.

The fragrances they put in soap can be pretty toxic.

--fleg, user of fragrance-free products
Tums

I find that the best temporary relief from heartburn and acid indigestion is baking soda, the stuff that you keep in your fridge to absorb odors. I don't use the stuff from the fridge (I don't actually keep any there), but rather from a box I keep in the bathroom for such occasions. A half teaspoon dissolved in a half glass of water works very quickly and doesn't give me any of that icky calcium or that other crap that Tums and Rolaids contain.

--fleg

You HAVE mentioned this to your doctor, HAVEN'T YOU.

</Dad>

>>>>>>>>>

Yes Poppa, I have. :)

Heart is fine, except for mild valve problem.

Before pneumonia, when I get heartburn, there was a burning sensation in stomach, after pneumonia, it was crushing chest pain and flushing...it's so weird. Don't have heartburn that often thank goodness.

LD
Heart is fine, except for mild valve problem.

Before pneumonia, when I get heartburn, there was a burning sensation in stomach, after pneumonia, it was crushing chest pain and flushing...it's so weird

Did your doctor check for gastric reflux? That's really what it sounds like - and can become seriously nasty if untreated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastroesophageal_reflux_disease...
Before pneumonia, when I get heartburn, there was a burning sensation in stomach, after pneumonia, it was crushing chest pain and flushing...it's so weird

Did your doctor check for gastric reflux? That's really what it sounds like - and can become seriously nasty if untreated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastroesophageal_reflux_disease......
warrl

>>>>>>>
no she didn't but it happens infrequently, like after drinking too strong black coffee, caf or decaf, or some food that caused it or chewing gum ...
"no she didn't but it happens infrequently, like after drinking too strong black coffee, caf or decaf, or some food that caused it or chewing gum ... "

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Your family doc can refer you to a Gastroenterologist who can check for
reflux - reflux can be a really nasty affair. Can lead to something
called Barrett's Esophagus :

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/barretts-esophagus/HQ00312

which if left alone can go to cancer.

Also, can require a "stretching" of the esophagus to allow swallowing
whole foods. My father had to have these procedures and a week or so
before them he could only swallow "Ensure" or similar pablum-quality
liquids.
Overall, something I would suggest is worthwhile avoiding.

Howie52
Seeing a doctor ain't fun but it is sometimes a lesser evil.
"no she didn't but it happens infrequently, like after drinking too strong black coffee, caf or decaf, or some food that caused it or chewing gum ... "

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Your family doc can refer you to a Gastroenterologist who can check for
reflux - reflux can be a really nasty affair. Can lead to something
called Barrett's Esophagus :

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/barretts-esophagus/HQ00312

which if left alone can go to cancer.

Also, can require a "stretching" of the esophagus to allow swallowing
whole foods. My father had to have these procedures and a week or so
before them he could only swallow "Ensure" or similar pablum-quality
liquids.
Overall, something I would suggest is worthwhile avoiding.

Howie52
Seeing a doctor ain't fun but it is sometimes a lesser evil.

>>>>>>>>>>>

Has anybody read the part where I said it happens infrequently?

geezus! If it was happening all the time, sure I'd see a doc, but it doesn't.

So there.

LD :)
Has anybody read the part where I said it happens infrequently?

So it goes on the list of things you and your doctor are keeping an eye on. And you may want to track just how infrequent, and see if it's becoming more frequent - that would be a sign that it should be further checked out.
Starks says earlier Tuesday, Cobbold's car had been spotted going more than 90 mph on Interstate 66 in Virginia. He says officers also received a report that the woman was seen eating a bar of soap.

Here's what's really weird, no lie: Last night I dreamed that I was eating a bar of soap... and I got quite a ways into the bar before I realized that there was something amiss with what I was doing.
Last night I dreamed that I was eating a bar of soap... and I got quite a ways into the bar before I realized that there was something amiss

Maybe you were trying to freshen your breath before you attempted to pick up anyone in that bar.

--fleg
"Has anybody read the part where I said it happens infrequently?

So there.

LD :) "

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Could be worse.

Could be actual nagging.

In the future there will be a federal agency - part of the health care
agencies which will have the whole purpose of nagging people to
go to the doctor.
People seen sneezing in their cars will be pulled over and
fined unless they have a prescription as proof they are going to
a pharmacy.

Howie52
taught to nag by the best
BTW - have you been to see a doctor about the problem yet?
BTW - have you been to see a doctor about the problem yet?
Howie

>>>>>>>

oh for gawd's sakes!