Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
People read the Bible and come up with the answer to every question, confident that they know the mind of their God. They completely miss the point that the Bible shows Jesus telling everyone that they will never measure up, and have no idea how to live righteously. "You must have the faith of a child"- and what do children know?

k, Jesus didn't leave it at "You don't measure up". He talked a bit about how to fix the problem as well.

Interesting that you brought up faith as of a child. I've been pondering this comment in recent weeks. Email me if you want to. Or maybe I'l bring it up on CF.

It just seems to me that the less you profess to "know", the better off you might be if there really is a creator God.

Just to be clear, there is little I discuss here that I "know". Some things with more confidence than others anyway

Bryan

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.