Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Personally I am 99.9% sure that Steve Waugh would not have done what Fleming did.

Barcoo
You obviously have greater confidence in your team than I do. Given the Oz penchant for using any tactics which will ensure a win at any cost I doubt your summation.
This whole thread was raised by JR who, was not "over the top" as you so lightly put it - JR was at his most insulting, which is exactly what he intended his comments to be.
Splitting hairs over Fleming's action does not change one iota Australia's very questionable tactics over the years.
Lets face it Barcoo, the underarm bowl has now passed into sporting lore as a yardstick by which to measure any devious, unsportmanlike measure which a team uses to win. That Oz "sportsmen" chose to put winning before sportmanship is something Oz supporters will have to bear for a very long time.
Learn to live with it - it's going to be with you for a long time.
Regards
Harmy
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.