Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Personally, I am so tired of everyone always pointing to NFLX as the reason to ride out the bad times. NFLX is probably the biggest outlier in the history of the stock market. I know people have made money with other stocks, so let's hear some of those success stories. I'm up to here with NFLX already.

It hurt me to do it, but I just unloaded my entire AMBA position, which was very small, mind you -- but I held DDD when it was up 170% and rode it down to about a 60% loss without dumping any of it -- and I also held onto my entire SWIR position when it was up at about 160% and is now at around 55%. When SWIR started to dive, I told myself: "think of DDD. Don't hold on too long." Yet I did. Anyway, maybe selling AMBA was a mistake, but I'm a little tired of getting burned lately. And I can use the cash elsewhere.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.