Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Personally, I don’t think we’re really out of the woods yet.

I know, still it’s hard to predict anything either way. But it always is. I think the trick is to have clear rules for yourself about when and what to buy. It can be frustrating at times when I have cash to invest but no clear candidates. Apart from the ones I already invested in. So I either wait, or add to my most promising positions.

There currently are still a few I add money to. They may get dragged down when there’s another bear market, but I’ve become less fearful of downturns. They happen. But the recovery usually doesn’t really take all that long, it’s just a matter of staying level-headed and patient.

2008-2009 was different. But even there I got back to 2007 levels pretty quickly by staying focused, taking advantage of some amazing deals that were presented. It was a nervous time, but now I feel much calmer at downturns.

Mark
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.