Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Personally I would recommend getting a credit card as soon as you can BUT only if you can pay off any balance every month. Do not buy more than you can afford to pay back that month. Sometimes college students get special credit card offers. Consider getting a card carefully. Do not get one because you can't afford to pay for something.

Really the only reasons to get a credit card are to get the rewards that come with the cards and to establish credit for that time down the road when you may want to buy a home or perhaps get a car loan. I only use cards that reward me with cash.

See my previous recent posts about good starter companies. Consider companies that you believe will still be relevant in ten to twenty years. Start early and invest regularly if you can. Dont invest funds you will need in the next five years. If you invest now as a young person, almost any solid company will lead to geat returns.

David
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.