Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Personally, I'd make all these same complaints higher up the food chain to either see if you can get that charge removed, as it really seems bogus to me, and to let them know that although you will pay their fee this year, you will be leaving because of this.

It was probably the Social Security office, not the IRS that I called. But I did not voluntarily sign up for that deduction. I did voluntarily sign up for Medicare part B, and pay for that (and at surcharge rates because they think I make too much money). The only way to leave would be to cancel my Medicare, and I cannot possibly afford to do that.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.