No. of Recommendations: 0
Personally I'm shocked at all this. I never realized that the news media had a hidden agenda! :)

OTOH, I now have a better understanding of what happened to ENRON, WorldCom, etc.

Seriously, the SEC has vast resources at their disposal to ferret out market mamipulators.

Do they catch them all? Probably not. But something on the scale that this article is talking about, it would be a no brainer.

When there are big losses involved, some have to find a scapegoat, rather than own up to thier own inability to cut a loss short.

tdbear2
BTW I thought hedge funds had their worse performance when the markets really got out of whack and their Quant models were no longer working.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.