No. of Recommendations: 0
Personally, with dividends and long-term capital gains at a lower tax rate, I'd pull the contributions out (which you can always do without tax consequence) and invest in a taxable account

I would point out that you confirm that you indeed do exceed the income limits on the Roth IRA. If you pull the contribution out today and you find out that your MAGI really didn't exceed it when you do your 2005 tax return, you can't say oops and try to put the contribution back in.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.