Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
Peter,

I have both Nison books, but I've only read the first one. My understanding is that these are the best Japanese Candlesticks books available.

However, I find Candlesticks are best used as confirmation of underlying price/volume analysis. Alone they tend to give off lots of false signals - I mean, how many times have we seen dojis and hammers suggestive of trend reversal in Nasdaq? They also tend to signal more short term moves. Still, I find them very useful.

I'm glad you are a believer in TA. Fundamentals are important, but it's just part of the picture. I think it's initially quite easy to get turned off by by charts and patterns, and if any of you were around a few years ago, I'm sure you'll find posts that I've written here about my skepticism in TA. But with experience, one learns to use many tools. I think Bruce Brown and many here are finally discovering the same.

Linda
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.