Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
Peter;

The site is Seeking Alpha and my thought process is sort of straightforward as to why. Years ago I used to do really long in-depth equity research. It would take me weeks and weeks to collect my thoughts similarly to the way you collect yours.

Like you, I would post my work on various sites with the hope of getting feedback on my conclusions about a particular stock. The responses I got were almost all the same. Too long, too much information, no graphs, no charts, you didn't provide a clear valuation, blah blah blah.

One of the places I used to post was Seeking Alpha. One day, someone told me in a reply to one of my posts, I should become a Seeking Alpha contributor. So I did, or more specifically I was. Now I just post to my blog over there.

The reason I was a contributor and no long am, is because I don't do in-depth research anymore, except for my own use, and I don't do charts and graphs. Those sorts of things are requirements to be a contributor at Seeking Alpha, and since you are spending the kind of time I know it takes to produce the research you produce, I just thought maybe you could make some beer money for your efforts, while you hopefully find a great stock to invest in.

This link (https://seekingalpha.com/article/4286752-buying-4-dividend-s...) which is a random selection will take you to an article over there so you can see what I am talking about. Just think standard Fooldom front page article on steroids and you'll get the idea.

Wax
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.