Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 11
Over 50% Of Liberal, White Women Under 30 Have A Mental Health Issue. Are We Worried Yet?

https://www.eviemagazine.com/post/over-50-percent-white-libe...

A 2020 Pew Research study reveals that over half of white, liberal women have been diagnosed with a mental health condition at some point. Does this mean there's a correlation between progressive ideas and mental health?............................
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
A month or so ago, there was a study stating that "Men married to Liberal Women were the unhappiest people in the country". (sorry, to lazy to chase down that link, but you can)
Seems these studies are starting to point to trends.
No. of Recommendations: 6
I seem to recall reading some time ago Tammy Bruce stating one of the reasons she shifted from liberal to conservative was that she noticed how much unhappiness and hatred resided among liberal America and she did not want to be a part of it.
No. of Recommendations: 3

A 2020 Pew Research study reveals that over half of white, liberal women have been diagnosed with a mental health condition

Recent polls reveal that only 37% of Republicans have trust in medical science. Why would they see a doctor for mental health issues? Why would they admit that they have been diagnosed with anything by a doctor?

57% of registered Republican voters consider the number of Covid-19 deaths as acceptable
I wonder how they feel about the death toll on 9/11?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/08/23/repu...

30% of registered Republican voters believe that Covid-19 is a hoax that has been manufactured to discredit Donald Trump.
No. of Recommendations: 8
57% of registered Republican voters consider the number of Covid-19 deaths as acceptable
I wonder how they feel about the death toll on 9/11? - Tucson

---------------------

How do you feel about the number of deaths each year from flu? from cancer? from drunk driving? from falling down stairs? From bicycle accidents?

Life has risks and while any death is tragic, most rationale people understand and accept a certain amount of risk and get on with their lives. But not if you are a lib, you live in fear and want to normalize your irrational thinking by forcing your paranoia onto the general population.
No. of Recommendations: 1
How do you feel about the number of deaths each year from flu?

My point wasn't about fear and death, it was a reply to the OP that Republicans don't report mental health diagnosis because Republicans are medically illiterate. Comparing Covid-19 in 2020 to the flu just proves that point.
"57% of registered Republican voters consider the number of Covid-19 deaths as acceptable
I wonder how they feel about the death toll on 9/11? - Tucson

---------------------

How do you feel about the number of deaths each year from flu? from cancer? from drunk driving? from falling down stairs? From bicycle accidents?

Life has risks and while any death is tragic, most rationale people understand and accept a certain amount of risk and get on with their lives. But not if you are a lib, you live in fear and want to normalize your irrational thinking by forcing your paranoia onto the general population. "

************************************************************************************************

Political positioning is always about power and money.
Healthcare and attitudes are always about individuals and their experience.

Howie52
Posts attacking one or another political party or figure or position can jump between the
two positions. But in the process of attacking, there is a definite lean away from individual
experience.
Life has risks and while any death is tragic, most rationale people understand and accept a certain amount of risk and get on with their lives.

But rational people also wear seat belts, because taking unnecessary risks is irrational.

Same goes for drinking and driving, because putting yourself and others at risk unnecessarily is also irrational.

Which of course leads us to vaccines... and even wearing a mask.
No. of Recommendations: 0
putting yourself and others at risk unnecessarily is also irrational. Which of course leads us to vaccines... and even wearing a mask.

Actually taking the vaccine is more of an irrational risk. According to a whistleblower at the CDC we had over 45,000 deaths within 3 days after vaccination and probably a lot more after this arbitrary 3 day limit. That is I submit, a huge risk. See https://boards.fool.com/whistleblower-vaccine-deaths-at-4500...

See also "Federal Lawsuit Seeks Immediate Halt of COVID Vaccines..." https://principia-scientific.com/federal-lawsuit-seeks-immed...

-=Ajax=-
Actually taking the vaccine is more of an irrational risk. According to a whistleblower at the CDC we had over 45,000 deaths within 3 days after vaccination

And you fall for the weirdest stuff.

Hey, remember Ed Solomon, computer expert and promoter of election fraud theories “the algorithm changed the results”?

Expert Mathematician' on Election Fraud Actually a Swing Set Installer, Lawsuit Claims

A man posing as a math expert with evidence Trump won the election is actually a convicted drug dealer with no college degree who installs swing sets, according to a lawsuit.

That’s pretty much the story of the evidence you’ve offered both in the matter of the coronavirus and also the election
Actually taking the vaccine is more of an irrational risk. According to a whistleblower at the CDC we had over 45,000 deaths within 3 days after vaccination

And you fall for the weirdest stuff.

That information came from the computer programmer at the CDC who is counting the actual vaccine VAERS deaths:

"I queried data from CMS medical claims with regard to vaccines and patient deaths, and have assessed that the deaths occurring within 3 days of vaccination are higher than those reported in VAERS by a factor of at least 5, This would indicate the true number of vaccine-related deaths was at least 45,000. Put in perspective, the swine flu vaccine was taken off the market which only resulted in 53 deaths."
https://principia-scientific.com/federal-lawsuit-seeks-immed...

The statement of this programmer was presented by America’s Frontline Doctors, to an Alabama Federal District Court seeking immediate halt of COVID vaccines.

Bill, Pretending that this is not happening is not going to make it go away!

Besides, we have medications that cure Covid with a very high efficacy such as Ivermectin, Hydroxychloroquine, Budesonide etc. According to the law governing the Emergency Use Authorization, if we have medications that cure Covid then we do not need untested experimental vaccines.

-=Ajax=-
The statement of this programmer was presented by America’s Frontline Doctors, to an Alabama Federal District Court seeking immediate halt of COVID vaccines.

And who is America’s Frontline Doctors?

The group was founded by Dr. Simone Gold, who is now facing charges for participating in the Capital riot, and at one time highlighted Dr. Stella Immanuel, a woman who believes medical ailments are caused by dream-sex with demons and that alien DNA can be used in actual treatment.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-most-dangerous-and-derange...

So now with Simone Gold, you’ve got “election fraud” and “vaccines are killing us” wrapped up in one nice neat, but totally insane package.

And of course, you’ve just gotta have a whistleblowing computer programmer. Every good conspiracy theory needs a computer programmer, even if their methodology is complete gibberish.

As I said, you fall for the weirdest stuff.
And who is America’s Frontline Doctors?

It is one of the many groups of doctors from around the world fighting against these very dangerous and deadly vaccines. For example:

• ...in France. About 1,700 doctors and nurses of the Montelimar Hospital in Drome - Southeastern France - went on strike against forced vaccination. And this, after the hospital demanded they take a vaccine against Covid-19 by mid-September or face termination.

• at the Houston Methodist Hospital last month... the hospital suspended 178 doctors and nurses for not meeting a deadline to receive the COVID-19 vaccine - a policy that prompted more than 100 employees [doctors and nurses] to file a lawsuit against the hospital. https://boards.fool.com/more-doctors-and-nurses-refuse-the-c...

• In addition, America’s Frontline Doctors, filed a lawsuit in an Alabama Federal District Court seeking immediate halt of COVID vaccines. https://principia-scientific.com/federal-lawsuit-seeks-immed...

Tell us Bill, why are doctors and nurses from around the world refusing to be vaccinated and why are they fighting these vaccines in court?

No answer!

-=Ajax=-
Dr. Stella Immanuel, a woman who believes medical ailments are caused by dream-sex with demons...

Nonsense.

Dr. Stella Immanuel: "This virus has a cure. It is called Hydroxychloroquine... I know you people want to talk about a mask. Hello? You don’t need a mask. There is a cure." https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/jul/28/fact-checking...

Her statement that Hydroxychloroquine cures Covid is supported by over 200 studies on HCQ - most of them "peer reviewed" - that conclude that HCQ cures Covid with a very high efficacy.

[America’s Frontline Doctors...] was founded by Dr. Simone Gold, who is now facing charges for participating in the Capital riot...

More nonsense.

Dr. Simone Gold Twit - Jul 28, 2020: "UPDATE: We have just met with Vice President Mike Pence to request the administration’s assistance in empowering doctors to prescribe Hydroxychloroquine without political obstruction. We also discussed the recent censorship of doctors on social media platforms." https://twitter.com/drsimonegold/status/1288261549103226880

Dr. Simone Gold Twit - Dec 13, 2020: "BREAKING: America’s Frontline Doctors are at the CDC in Atlanta to protest against forcing millions of Americans to take an experimental vaccine for Covid-19, a pathogen with a survival rate of 99.7%.
We will fight against any experimental therapy being forced on anyone."

https://twitter.com/drsimonegold/status/1338294658133200896

Bill, what part of we have medications that cure Covid within a couple of days don't you understand? So, why are you obsessed with forcing people to take a very dangerous untested and experimental vaccine?

-=Ajax=-
Dr. Stella Immanuel, a woman who believes medical ailments are caused by dream-sex with demons...

Nonsense

Yes, it is nonsense. She also claims THAT alien DNA is being used in medical experiments, and of course- that hydroxychloroquine is an effective treatment for COVID
She also claims... that hydroxychloroquine is an effective treatment for COVID

Correct. Her statement that Hydroxychloroquine cures Covid is supported by over 200 studies on HCQ - most of them "peer reviewed" - that conclude that HCQ cures Covid with a very high efficacy.

In addition to HCQ we have Ivermectin with over 100 studies - most of them "peer reviewed" - that conclude that Ivermectin cures Covid with a very high efficacy.

Pretending that these medications do not exist does not change the fact.

-=Ajax=-

Hydroxychloroquine cures Covid

What color is your moon rock?
No. of Recommendations: 13
I'll believe liberals are serious about public health and COVID when they demand closure of the southern border.
The southern border is closed
But rational people also wear seat belts, because taking unnecessary risks is irrational.

It is?

Ever been sky diving? Race car driving? Rock climbing? Kayaking rapids? Lots of risk here. Is it unnecessary? Irrational? Some might think so while others do not.

Same goes for drinking and driving, because putting yourself and others at risk unnecessarily is also irrational.

Apples and Rutabagas. Driving drunk, like holding up a bank at gun-point, is an illegal act, not one involving the willingness to accept risk.

Which of course leads us to vaccines... and even wearing a mask.

Taking a Vaccine in the prevention of harboring and getting ill from an infectious agent, carries risk, hence is an elective personal choice. Would you wish to live in a country that mandates the annual flu, herpes or pneumococcus vaccine with fines and imprisonment for those not wishing to take the vaccine?

Masks, if worn correctly, can prevent the broadcasting of bacteria and viruses suspended in droplets. Should all individuals be required, for the remainder of their lives, to wear a mask at home and outdoors to ensure the safety of others?

Personal choice is core to our democracy. We elect to put the individual first and allow that person as much freedom as possible, even when others may be at risk for the individuals poor choices. Its the price we pay for individual freedom. The current administration is thinking more like a single-party, centralized government that mandates personal behavior under the guise of 'greater good' when, in fact, like all autocracies, the power-elite craves power and control. Mandating masks when those at risk are others who have also made the election not to wear a mask, is an exercise in power and control, not "protecting the innocent".

BruceM

It is?

Ever been sky diving? Race car driving? Rock climbing? Kayaking rapids? Lots of risk here. Is it unnecessary?

Walked across the street to gossip with a friend? Crossing the street is dangerous, you know...
No. of Recommendations: 4
Ever been sky diving? Race car driving? Rock climbing? Kayaking rapids? Lots of risk here. Is it unnecessary? Irrational? Some might think so while others do not.

Race Car drivers don't put 12 year old children at risk, drunk drivers do. The analogy of drunk drivers and people who don't get vaccinated putting other more vulnerable people at risk of injury/infection respectively is the point.

Should all individuals be required, for the remainder of their lives, to wear a mask at home and outdoors to ensure the safety of others?

No, get a vaccination and shut this thing down; deny the virus a host population and deny this virus mutating.

We elect to put the individual first and allow that person as much freedom as possible

Until that freedoms infringes on the health and well-being of others. That's why for some time it is mandated for hospital workers in contact with patients at risk to get (flu) vaccinated and drunk drivers go to jail.
No. of Recommendations: 5
I'll believe liberals are serious about public health and COVID when they demand closure of the southern border

You’re gonna hate me for this.....

But the two are not connected.

They’re only connected in the minds of those desperately trying to shift blame from what is so obviously the case:

The primary vector for the spread of COVID is the oversized pool of the unvaccinated.

Turn off FOXNews.... it’ll kill ya

Somehow, I don’t think anyone gets an adrenaline rush by dancing with COVID while unvaccinated.
No. of Recommendations: 7
Walked across the street to gossip with a friend? Crossing the street is dangerous, you know...

Necessary risks of everyday life.

Flirting with sickness or death by remaining unvaccinated is just plain stupid.
No. of Recommendations: 13
But the two are not connected.

They’re only connected in the minds of those desperately trying to shift blame from what is so obviously the case:

The primary vector for the spread of COVID is the oversized pool of the unvaccinated. - zambon

----------------------

The 200,000 plus illegals that were processed in July plus the tens or hundred of thousands that crossed but were not detected collectively added 300,000 plus to the unvaccinated count in one month alone.

I know it gives progressives a warm fuzzy feeling to be so gosh darn kind to all the illegals that come here but to claim they are 100% vaccinated and therefore do not increase the pool of unvaccinated is crazy talk.
I know it gives progressives a warm fuzzy feeling to be so gosh darn kind to all the illegals that come here but to claim they are 100% vaccinated and therefore do not increase the pool of unvaccinated is crazy talk.

So you agree that a growing pool of unvaccinated people is a problem? Sounds like an easy solution is, oh I don't know, for people to get vaccinated.
So you agree that a growing pool of unvaccinated people is a problem? Sounds like an easy solution is, oh I don't know, for people to get vaccinated. - dsemmler

----------------------

The tone of your post makes it appear you are making a common mistake that since I am conservative, I must be anti vax. Actually I have been vaccinnated and my advice to other who are eligible to get vaccinated too.

But here is where I differ with progressives. I can entirely understand why some people refuse or at least want to delay and I am fine with them making that choice for themselves. And I absolutely opposed to using the force of government to force a vaccination on anyone either directly or through a "show me your papers" vaccine passport.
No. of Recommendations: 6
The tone of your post makes it appear you are making a common mistake that since I am conservative, I must be anti vax.

Liberals were the source of anti VAX led by Biden/Harris. They flipped when Trump was no longer president. They then project that anti VAX onto conservatives so they can continue to have an enemy.
No. of Recommendations: 5
The poster also ignores the even easier solution, quit letting COVID infected illegals into our country and secretly airlifting them into red states.
The tone of your post makes it appear you are making a common mistake that since I am conservative, I must be anti vax. Actually I have been vaccinnated and my advice to other who are eligible to get vaccinated too.

But here is where I differ with progressives. I can entirely understand why some people refuse or at least want to delay and I am fine with them making that choice for themselves. And I absolutely opposed to using the force of government to force a vaccination on anyone either directly or through a "show me your papers" vaccine passport.

My tone was intended to be more broad, in that most of the people refusing the vaccine are also the loudest voices complaining about unvaccinated people crossing the border. I can see how it felt more targeted towards you specifically, and I appreciate your clarification.

I can understand why some people refuse the vaccine as well, but do have a problem with people that are refusing it for unfounded reasons. In addition, when people choose to be unvaccinated, there are other consequences that come along with that yet most of those people are unwilling to live by those consequences.
I can understand why some people refuse the vaccine as well, but do have a problem with people that are refusing it for unfounded reasons. - dsemmler

----------------

The problem of course is who gets to decide the definition of "unfounded reason"....
...but do have a problem with people that are refusing it for unfounded reasons.

Who determines what is 'unfounded'? The freedom of choice, much like the freedom to worship, does not require proof or a rationale.

In addition, when people choose to be unvaccinated, there are other consequences that come along with that yet most of those people are unwilling to live by those consequences.

What consequences are those? How about long term risk of a new kind of vaccine that does not yet have FDA final approval. Or how about the potential risk of an anaphylactic reaction to this new untested form of vaccine. Should individuals be required to live by these potential consequences? Or should these potential consequences be ignored because they don't fit the woke narrative.

BruceM
Or how about the potential risk of an anaphylactic reaction to this new untested form of vaccine. Should individuals be required to live by these potential consequences?

190 million fully vaccinated test cases, and that's just here in the US. There's never been a vaccine trial that had a 190 million sample study.
And... what have they found?
anaphylactic reactions, .0116%

And for the group, (21::1900000) all subjects must remain for 20 minutes after the administration of any dose of the vaccine.
Just plain scary huh?
What consequences are those? How about long term risk of a new kind of vaccine that does not yet have FDA final approval. Or how about the potential risk of an anaphylactic reaction to this new untested form of vaccine. Should individuals be required to live by these potential consequences? Or should these potential consequences be ignored because they don't fit the woke narrative.

BruceM

------------------------

I heard a good point being made on the news yesterday. The FDA as apparently approved the vaccine for use by pregnant women. Then it was pointed out that the vaccine has not been generally available for nine months. Therefor the impact on a developing fetus could not be known. Yet, the vaccines are required for certain employees of the government and of woke corporations regardless of your pregnancy status. No wonder people are skeptical and should be allowed to make their own decisions rather than have a third party make t for them.
FDA as apparently approved the vaccine for use by pregnant women. Then it was pointed out that the vaccine has not been generally available for nine months. Therefor the impact on a developing fetus could not be known

The fact is that pregnant women must weigh the risks vs benefits of the vaccine. There is always a case to make risk vs benefit.
However... The smallpox vaccine could cause inflammation of the heart muscle. The oral polio vaccine was a rare cause of polio -- it occurred in roughly 1 in 2.4 million doses. ... The yellow fever vaccine is a rare cause of ... yellow fever. All medical intervention carries a risk vs benefit. Open heart surgery carries a risk of cerebal embolism. Does that mean no one should have open heart surgery?
OTOH are you pregnant? If not, get the vaccine. Before the Polio vaccine there were 20mil cases of polio each year.
How many cases of polio have we had this year?
Before the smallpox vaccine on average, 3 out of every 10 people who got it died. People who survived usually had scars, which were sometimes severe... however you might still want to explain how the risk of a smallpox vaccine outweighs the risk?
>>FDA as apparently approved the vaccine for use by pregnant women. Then it was pointed out that the vaccine has not been generally available for nine months. Therefor the impact on a developing fetus could not be known<<

The fact is that pregnant women must weigh the risks vs benefits of the vaccine. There is always a case to make risk vs benefit. - Tucson

----------------------

Exactly.

Pregnant women, women planning to get pregnant, as well as all freedom deserving citizens, should be allowed to assess the information available, without being curated by Big Tech, and then apply that information to their personal situation and decide a course of action for themselves.

Medical Authoritarianism must be resisted otherwise any governmental mandate can be justified because some faceless medical bureaucracy can point out a health risk.
Until now, all care for patients with 'COVID' got free or 'covered expenses' with their health care plans.

Now, major insurers are rethinking this.

If you've been vaccinated, they'll cover you.

If not, regular deductibles and 'out of plan' expenses will be billed to you for your lack of 'personal responsibility' and 'choices'.

Insurers expect folks to get the normal kid shots - diphtheria, mumps, whooping cough, polio, small pox, etc. Others to get rubella, etc. If you travel you get yellow fever, and other shots as required.

When notices arrive in mailboxes shortly , or pregnant women a few months from now come down with it, or unvaccinated folks wind up in the hospital, and expect $100,000 day ICU bills to be 'paid' , they also might get huge increases and lack of coverage IF they get covid. And homogeneous bills as well.

Your body - your choice....just like health care......your choice..... to be insured for COVID or not.

t.
Your body - your choice.

Yup.

I've always said there should be no motorcycle helmet law for the driver/owner. That's his decision. Rode an old Honda 450 for many years. Would NEVER consider riding without a helmet (and leather jacket and leather gloves)....but that's my choice.

So how to incentivize motorcyclist to wear a helmet? Make the bodily injury portion of the insurance contingent on the wearing and securing of a DOT approved helmet. You don't wear one, your personal injury is excluded.

Not sure that's legal or not....but it would be great incentive.

BruceM

I've always said there should be no motorcycle helmet law for the driver/owner. That's his decision. Rode an old Honda 450 for many years. Would NEVER consider riding without a helmet (and leather jacket and leather gloves)....but that's my choice.

Years ago I read of an interview with the head of a big motorcycle club. The interviewer asked what he thought of helmet laws. He said he didn't care for such laws, because they made it harder to identify the idiots.

Make the bodily injury portion of the insurance contingent on the wearing and securing of a DOT approved helmet. You don't wear one, your personal injury is excluded.

So that would be great if hospitals could refuse people with no insurance.
People with no insurance are paid for with your (responsible) premiums
Make the bodily injury portion of the insurance contingent on the wearing and securing of a DOT approved helmet. You don't wear one, your personal injury is excluded.

Not sure that's legal or not....but it would be great incentive.

BruceM

Or you make BI insurance premium rates based upon wearing or not wearing a hemet.
..."quit letting COVID infected illegals into our country..."

TucsonBones
The southern border is closed
"TucsonBones
The southern border is closed"

That poster is clearly woefully uninformed.