Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/pfizer-to-acquire-a...

About a 60% premium, sold at about 11b market cap. Can't find much on Array right now as their website is down! 😶

On Mektovi/braftovi:

http://www.bioworld.com/content/array%E2%80%99s-braftovimekt...

Another nod for precision medicine!
Print the post Back To Top
Coulda, woulda, shoulda....

I owned this a few years back. Made a decent return (just under a triple) and sold on news. Somehow fell off my watchlist radar.

ARRY buyout price gives Blueprint a blueprint, IMO.

Cosmid
Gotta say that at 8b for loxo & 11b for array, BPMC with possibly two drugs on market and 4+ in clinical trials by end of 2020 may put it at the higher end of those valuations, if not above.

I think, like your prior views on the LOXO buyout, that I'll be disappointed with anything under 3x from here.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi Fuma102, Cosmid,
It seems to be hitting a few of your ideas, Tricida up %7.45 also. Probably part of the same trend, although I do see they are soon getting more analyst coverage. Not sure whether to add to BPMC, or spread things out a little. Your picks have been very astute, any thoughts on the current situation?
Loops
First, please do your own diligence! Now that that's out of the way...

Fwiw, I bought a second chunk of TCDA 5/9 at $35. Initially bought in late March at 23.8 ... I have a hard time believing this isn't a buyout for a reasonable premium as their lead candidate could easily be a blockbuster. No reason why it popped today, but could see it as a harbinger of a buyout.

Blueprint I DONT want to get bought out. I can not understate how rare I think this is: the combination of at least one approved drug, plus a good pipeline, plus great FOCUSED leadership, plus some cash on hand.... Is incredibly rare. I've literally never, in 15-20 years, seen a biotech company hit their stated timelines consistently like BPMC.

I've steadily accumulated BPMC since march, my 4th largest holding behind MDB, PAYC, & W.

I fully believe BPMC is quite undervalued. If I didn't already have so much of it, I'd add more. It's incredibly refreshing to see a biotech this focused and executing.
Loops,

I wouldn’t be afraid to buy more of either at this point. That said, if you own just two biotechs I would suggest “spreading it out”. Fuma can get away with it because of he is experienced and savvy enough to focus on the cream of the crop.

Cosmid