Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Phil,

Thanks for the comment on TROW. This whole mutual fund bashing activity also tells us something about ourselves. Let's not build ourselves up by tearing others down (ie. "all" mutual funds~or for that matter money managers). There are many Fools (myself included) who are in the business of helping people who have either no interest in learning about stocks (but still need to invest), or who want to hand the burden of investing to another. Now you can argue about whether this is right or wrong on that person's part, but it's a moot point if their still going to do it. I'm glad to earn a living helping others invest for the long-term ~ and teaching them some Foolish principles along the way.

All that to say, there are fund companies, mutual funds, and money managers that have a Foolish approach to their business. I really like Vanguard for this reason (often virtually no turnover, low expenses), I also like TROW. These fund companies are not always wolves in sheeps clothing. They have a place in the market that is vital to many.

So Fools, let's be gracious to those who are not like us. Remember, pride goes before a fall.

BrianMay
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.