Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Phil you said:

"He's all grown up now in the eyes of the taxman. Regardless of his situation, you no longer have the option of including a child's income on your return once the child is 14.

Does this include dividends earned also? For instance I have set up drip accounts for my boys. I have always included the dividends on my tax form. My oldest will be 14 next year but probably will not be working. I assume as long as the dividends are under a certain amount I can continue to claim them on my tax form?


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.