Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I have been getting unsolicited telephone calls lately.
The interesting thing is that my Caller-Id display shows my name and my telephone number, not the one of the @$$hole robot that is actually calling me.

That is insulting incompetence.

If I pick up the call, a woman-sounding robot tells me that they will have to change my IP address and to discuss it further, I should press 1.

Normally, I do not even pick up telephone calls from me (I could not place such a call because if I dial my telephone number, being off-hook, I would get a busy signal.). But yesterday, I was bored and I did press one. The woman-sounding robot said she was transferring my call to a technician. There must have been a problem with their automatic predictive dialer, because I could hear only static, not their "technician."

Today was the same, but I actually got to the technician. He seemed to work for Windows Support. They would have to fix my computer and assign me a new IP address. So I asked him which of my computers he was referring to. I was going to ask him the IP address that was causing the trouble. I mean I (for all he knows) have an office with dozens of computers. But that response was not on his list, so he just hung up. Lousy salesman. Once I got one of these turkeys to propose a multi-machine service contract, but not this guy.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.