No. of Recommendations: 2
I am having some trouble figuring out how to manage photos on my iPhone (5S, 9.0.1). I find it very confusing - perhaps I have a mental block. The more I Google or look at Apple info the more confused I get.

According to iTunes, I have 2561 photos, for a total of 3.38 GB. According to my iPhone I have 1000 in Photo Stream (from two different phones) and 1285 in my Camera Roll (I assume from just my iPhone?), plus a few strays.

First question - How do Photo Stream and Camera Roll interact? Are all of the photos in the Camera Roll different from those in Photo Stream? It seems so, to add up (with the strays) to 2561. Unless the photos are duplicated? When they roll off the end of Photo Stream are they added to Camera Roll or what?

Second question - Can I delete photos off my iPhone without affecting Photos on my iMac? I assume so, since that is how everything else on the iPhone works, but I want to be sure.

Third question - is there a way to have photos on my iPhone at a lower resolution? As long as I have full res on Photos, I don't need it on my iPhone.

Fourth question - is there a way to have less than 1000 photos from Photo Stream on my phone?

It seems there isn't a way to manage any of this from iTunes, except for adding certain albums. All I have checked is Automatically include photos from last week, and the album Last Import. Do I need either of these since I have Photo Stream? Last Import is an album, but photos from last week isn't - is it part of Camera Roll?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.