Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
PHulen writes:
I am 45 years old and thinking about going to work as an Investment Representative for Edward Jones. I have gone back to college this semester to acquire more knowledge so that I could become a financial advisor. I have been looking at different job prospects and this company offers a great opportunity. I was wondering if there were any retire fools who may have any advice or knowledge regarding ED JONES? I want to add that I have an income from the sale of a business that will last for another 5 years.

PHulen
My broker is from Edward Jones. I had never heard of the company until he knocked on my door one day several years ago. The company focuses on people who may not normally invest and they take the time to explain fundamental with each client. They have one or two person offices in almost every small town in Michigan. Their philosphy is fairly conservative, buy and hold good stocks forever, which eliminates churning of portfolios. From my experience the company and employees are first class, and can be trusted. I don't think I would say that about too many other brokerages.
are
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.