Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
To TMFPixy:
Amen! I too felt that need to get fitter. I am a good walker and the dog enjoys the hike as well but more was necessary.
Our local High School District offers senior fitness classes such as "Heart Shapers, Muscle Shapers, and Stretch". The local Senior center has some similar programs. They typically are two one-hour sessions per week and are really inexpensive.
Started about 18 months ago with Stretch and moved on to Muscle Shapers. I am significantly stronger than I have been. Keep up the walking (2.5 to 4.5 miles two or three days a week) and golf. Even my wife has jumped in and is much more fit than she has ever been.
When we get new friends interested and involved, their first comment is, "Why haven't I been doing this for years"?
Thanks for your attention to this really important subject.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.