Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 7
Maybe this is where I should be posting my questions or ideas on RB-like companies?

There is an IPO of Pivotal coming up.

This is a really hot technology in the financial sector, and actually many enterprise sectors. It provides a cloud deployment platform that can use any cloud as a target - a public cloud like AWS, a private cloud, or even a local machine. There are also lots of must-have tools built in.

If you want to know how big Pivotal is, do a job search using key words Pivotal or PCF (Pivotal Cloud Foundry) - I get 10 job inquiries a day from companies interested in moving to Pivotal and looking for someone to lead it. It has totally taken over cloud native implementation from Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure, at least in the financial industry, and in many others as well.

I'm considering purchasing shortly after the IPO - this is not a rec to anyone else by the way. But I am not a financial guy, and I'm not sure how the fact that this is a Dell company affects the stock. Is there additional inherent risk (or value) to it being a sale that will still leave the company mostly owned by Dell?
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Is there additional inherent risk (or value) to it being a sale that will still leave the company mostly owned by Dell?

Supposedly parent companies pad the spinoffs to give them a good head start. I can't imagine why the Dell ownership would be bad or risky.

Denny Schlesinger
Print the post Back To Top