No. of Recommendations: 0
Pixy said, The 401k plan has defined eligibility for participation as a
minimum of 1000 hours of work in the year, which is perfectly legal

Thanks, Pixy for your response.....another 3 questions..1).if I am classified by this co. as a 'part-time' employee, and they are taking out taxes and paying half of FICA, can I choose not to participate in their 401K and instead contribute to my own Keogh? I ask this because I would prefer to keep the independence of not HAVING to work 1000 hours for only them. 2) Also, if we were to move before I work 1000 hours, wouldn't I lose all the annual returns? 3) And do they legally have to return all my contributions if I don't work 1000 hours in a year? thanks meowiz
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.