Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Pixy wrote Provided your employer makes no contributions to that 403b plan, though, you may then ask that provider to send the contributions to a 403b(7) provider of your choice. There may be a fee assessed on doing so. The provider can tell the
participant the administrative procedures to be followed for making the transfer.

I hope I haven't been missing something blatantly obvious right along. Please clarify something for me, Pixy. If the employer has an agreement with Provider A (a high cost annuity 403B) and you want the money to ultimately be transferred to Provider B (a low cost 403b(7) provider) are you saying that Provider A is required to honor your request? Does the contribution that goes from the employer to Provider A actually enter the annuity prior to being transfered (meaning that any applicable surreder charges apply) or is this simply an administrative function Provider A would perform? Finally, would these transfers of money be considered 1035 transfers?

Thanks very much/jtmitch
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.