No. of Recommendations: 0
I have just changed jobs and I thinking about taking the my portable pension plan (about $38K) out of my old employer's account and re-distribute this to my children's custodial accounts at schwab. I am thinking that this would be considered a gift donation to them even though it will initially be taxed in the same manner that you described in the article. Does this make sense?

Is there any other vehicle I should use regarding this money for funding the education of my children? Is it possible I can transfer this as tax-deferred into their custodial accounts?

I'm not sure. Any opinions? Thanks in advance for any help!!!
I can be reached at
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.