Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I knew that sales were picking up, but didn't expect this type of yoy change:

http://investor.exactsciences.com/investor-relations/press-r...

Now there is probably a psychological barrier to be breached of yearly tests exceeding a total of 1MM. And given the current run rate, that won't happen this year. But next year?

Right now the company is still hanging all of its growth on one product. It does take a while for competitors to enter the marketplace, and there is a stickiness when a test is accepted by a physician. It's even more so when it's accepted by the patient. The test is repeated every three years. I haven't seen the numbers that break down first time tests versus repeat tests, but I would have to believe at this point in time most of the tests are new customers. I'll try to dig a little behind the numbers to see what the new growth numbers are. The headline is encouraging.

Jim

Full disclosure - EBIX is my largest holding.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.