Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 28
Folks,

I have been a Fool for several years now and I continue to find TMF and particularly TMF boards to be one of the most interesting and most useful places on the web. I have purchased and read all of the books. I set up and run several portfolios here. I purchased PortTrak and (poor tech support for that product aside) have happily downloaded my Fool portfolios and the very useful comparative index information weekly. When soapbox was availiable I found that to be extremely useful as well. I own a Fool cap which I wear proudly. My loyalty and interest in all that is TMF established, I'd like to make a plea to management:

I don't want to see TMF perish, but what I am observing here lately leads me to believe that it may be headed that way. My sense is that in the current economy you are choosing to cut costs rather than leverage the powerful loyalty I feel to your brand, and charge me money for services that I would gladly pay for. I have been out on the web and the other free services out there are a wasteland. Though other portfolio trackers exist, the combination of the old portfolio service here, plus PortTrak and the index information plus the Fool Community was a very potent (that's potent pronounced S-T-I-C-K-Y)combination. One that is not replicatable anywhere else.

I am a marketing professional not an MBA so I hesitate to give you business advice, but here goes: nobody ever cut their way to greatness. Chuck the accountants out. They don't understand things like Brands and Brand Loyalty. There is no column on a spreadsheet that measures love. In your own books you speak about the power of a consumer brand, and yet you appear to sell yourselves short in this respect. I don't just use The Fool, I love The Fool. Change your business model. Charge me money to come here. I will gladly pay to have The Fool that I knew and loved back.

With Respect

MF
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.