No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi everyone,

OK, here is my story. I am married and file jointly. In 2002, my wife and I will have a combined income of $165,000. I have a 403B from a previous job. We both contribute to our employer sponsored retirement plans.

Question 1) The only IRA we can each invest in is a nondeductible traditional IRA as I understand it. Is that right?

Question 2) I can roll over my old 403B into a traditional IRA but I can't then convert it to a Roth IRA. Is that right?

Thanks so much in advance.


Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.