No. of Recommendations: 1
This is a moment where we all need to be organizers. Let's start today on Thanksgiving.

Imagine you are sitting across the table from your relative who voted for Donald Trump. You may be tempted to ignore them, yell at them, or flick turkey at their heads.

Instead, try talking to them -- and help a big messaging project the PCCC is undertaking by letting us know what you learned.

We know Donald Trump is likely about to betray many of his own voters by siding with big corporations. It's important that we test how to bring Trump voters (especially those who voted for President Obama or Bernie Sanders) around to our side. Ask your Trump-voting relatives a few of these questions:

Why did you vote for Trump?
When you think about the future, what do you worry about?
I feel like Wall Street banks have too much control over our economy. We're on the verge of a meltdown because of their bad decisions. What do you think the solution is?
One thing I worry about with all the talk about repealing the Affordable Care Act is that bureaucrats at insurance companies would get even more power to make life-or-death decisions. What do you think we should do about the big insurance companies?
Republicans in Congress want to pass legislation that would cut hundreds of dollars a month from most Social Security checks. Why do you think they want to do that? How would that impact your life?
The ones I blame most for the economic situation many people are in are the corporations that bought our government and sold out our jobs. Don’t they seem like the biggest enemy?
I think many Democratic politicians have lost their way too. If you could tell them anything, what would you tell them?
Listen to the answers. Listen as hard as you can for places where it turns out they agree with progressives. It's not going to be easy. Listening is the hardest and most essential act of organizing.

Then, click this link to share what you heard.
(Let me know if you want the link)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.