Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 23
In my continuing desire to keep everyone updated on the progress of My Portfolio, here is the latest! I will be including the date in the subject line so I can keep track of your responses. A few notes:

-- I am back, but I am not here full time. I know some might be wondering why I answer posts in spurts and/or go long periods with out answering posts. Because of my limited hours, I try to get as much work done behind the scenes in hopes of preventing (or resolving) problems. Please know that I'm not ignoring anyone, it is just that my time is limited.

-- I want to take a moment to send a big thank you out to everyone who responds to posts to help out other Fools. You are a tremendous asset to me! Also, a big thank you to those who have been providing additional information when I request it. You've helped me narrow down some major bugs!

-- The next major update will be at the end of the month/first week in March. It may come sooner if it is ready but I don't want to make any promises. During the update, the portfolios will be unavailable. There will be a message on the portfolio screen with expected time frame for it to accessible. We do not like making the portfolios unavailable, but it is necessary for database integrity. We make every effort to scedule the downtime during non-peak times.

Now on to some of your concerns:

-- Bug: Duplicating Entries - I think we have this bug squished for the next release. I have isolated what happens in the current portfolio. This behavior is not repeated in the test portfolios (the update). I will continue to test it on various portfolios to make sure this one is squished for good.

-- Bug: 1,000,000% - We think we might have this one isolated also. It seems the majority of the problems fall into one of two places: a) Entries less than 14 days old and b) Entries that were input prior to the conversion. There are some entries that do not fall into these categories that we are looking at. We believe that item "a" entries are corrected for the next release. MarketWatch's database integrity team is still working on the item "b" entries.

-- Bug: Splits/Ticker Changes - This is not working at all. At this time, you will need to manually adjust your information. For splits: adjust the number of shares/cost per share on the edit screen. For Ticker Changes: Delete old ticker information and re-enter under the correct ticker. I have requested that edit options for this functionality be added (like we had in Ports 2). The request is being reviewed.

-- Bug: Short transaction returns - This should be corrected in the next release. We will continue to test this to make sure everything is still good.

-- Bug: IRR calculations for tickers with closed positions - This should be corrected in the next release. We will continue to test this to make sure everthing is still good.

-- Bug: XML errors - This is a timeout error. It happens more frequently on medium-large portfolios (30+ entries). MarketWatch techies continue to tweak the system to reduce these errors. The are also looking a their server load balance. We hope to continue to reduce/eliminate these errors.

-- Enhancement: Cash handling - We expect to include better cash handling in the next release. This includes dated entries and deposits/withdrawals.

-- Enhancement: Dividend functionality - As I mentioned in my last update, we are continueing to work on this piece. I do not think that it will make it into the next release, but I wanted to let everyone know that this is a high priority enhancement.

-- Enhancement: Historical Information (Open Lots) - Additional functionality will included to allow you to edit buy/sell information within an open lot.

-- Enhancement: Historical Information (Closed Lots) - This information will display closed lot information. We are still tweaking this so it might miss the cut-off but every effort is being made to have it included. This will allow you to see a true history of what you have done with your portfolio.

-- Enhancement: Add ticker - We are looking at including an "Add ticker" box to the Buy/Sell screen. No promises on getting this one in for the release, but it looks promising.

-- Enhancement: FAQ/Help from within the portfolio - With the changeover to pay boards, it is more important than ever to have the FAQ available within the portfolio screens. I am currently reworking the FAQ and a "help" option should be included in the next release. If it doesn't get added, it is my fault.

Whew! I think that about covers everything! I'll be making more updates as I have more information.

TMF Dawn
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.