Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
I tried accessing some of the paid boards and was denied last week, literally hours after I had last checked and succeeded. Perhaps my subscription lapsed during those few hours, yet I was not notified about the impending ending or asked to renew. Or perhaps something else is going on.

Anyway, the error message says to contact loginhelp@fool.com or to call a number. I e-mailed, but after not receiving a reply for almost a week, I called the number on the error page, only to hear a recorded message that there is no one to answer the phone and please contact fastlane@fool.com.

I suggest posting the correct e-mail on the error page, minus the phone number if no one is answering it (I am not sure why that is, given all of the technology available to forward calls, etc. There must be a better way!)
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
More than likely it is something in your cache that prevented you from accessing the boards.

Fuskie
Who notes the problem usually goes away when you clear your cache and toss your cookies...

-----
Premium Home Fool: Ask me a Foolish Question, I'll give you a Foolish Response!
Ticker Guide: The Walt Disney Company (DIS), Intuit (INTU), Live Nation (LYV), CME Group (CME), MongoDB (MDB), Trip Advisor (TRIP), Vivendi SA (VIVHY), Mimecast (MIME), Hain Celestial (HAIN), Royce Micro Capital Trust (RMT)
Disclaimer: This post is non-professional and should not be construed as direct, individual or accurate advice
Disassociation: The views and statements of this post are Fuskie's and are not intended to represent those of The Motley Fool or any other sane body
Disclosure: May own shares of some, many or all of the companies mentioned in this post (tinyurl.com/FuskieDisclosure)
Fool Code of Conduct: https://www.fool.com/legal/the-motley-fools-rules.aspx#Condu...
Invitation: You are invited to interactively watch Motley Fool Live online television: https://livechat.fool.com
Call to Action: If you like this or any other post, Rec it. Better yet, reply to it. Even better, start your own thread. This is YOUR TMF Community!
No. of Recommendations: 3
Thanks for your response but .... nope. I believe my subscription lapsed. Happy to renew when someone gets back to me....not going to hold my breath. Sadly, this is not the first time I've had a challenge getting help. The MF has a great community of investors but customer service is woefully behind the times and out of touch. They can do better than posting an e-mail address that no one is responding to!
No. of Recommendations: 4
More than likely it is something in your cache that prevented you from accessing the boards.

Yeah, that seems to be the standard response from TMF. I was having issues with being told my responses were "forbidden" and intermittently wouldn't let me post. I did nothing to my cache and it has gone away.

Not everything is due to a cache problem.

IP
No. of Recommendations: 1
Thanks for your response but .... nope. I believe my subscription lapsed.

To access the boards connected to paid services such as SA and RB you need to have an active subscription.

To log in and access the free boards, including this one, only requires that you know your ID and password. After you are logged in the limit on which boards you can reach comes into play.

I have found that I have the most problems logging in when using my phone. I am always using Firefox when coming in using my iPhone. Often all I have to do is close that Firefox tab and open a new one. Most of the time I don't actually have to log in, which is strange indeed.

When I have login problems from my Windows PC / Firefox I can often correct it by hitting Ctrl/F5, which reloads the page from scratch, using nothing that has been cached.
No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm aware I need to have an active subscription to access certain boards.

And, how to explain that I had access to the paid boards on the morning of October 19, but not that evening (or since), without any communication from MF to either remind me to renew or otherwise notify me? Very odd. Usually businesses don't want to lose subscribing customers.

If it turns out my subscription lapsed (I suspect so, but don't have confirmation), and it's not some other glitch, I am happy to renew once I hear back from a live human being at Motley Fool.
If it turns out my subscription lapsed (I suspect so, but don't have confirmation), and it's not some other glitch, I am happy to renew once I hear back from a live human being at Motley Fool.

Since you are posting you are obviously logged in. What do you see when you click on MY SERVICES, which in my PC browser window is the right-most choice on the top black line. Mine shows the two premium services I paid for. Moving to the left of that I see MY FOOL, which offers me the choice of viewing Account Settings. When I go there it shows me information about my credit card, what I am subscribed to, and that I will auto-renew on a specific date.
No. of Recommendations: 2
This is a public board, so a person doesn't need a paid subscription to access it.
When I look at my services, it shows that I am subscribed to a service that I never joined (I mentioned this in my e-mail to customer service), but doesn't list anything else.

Anyway, RHinCT, I appreciate your input and at this point I hope someone in customer service responds to my latest e-mail.

The point of my original post was to notify MF that the login error message on the site points to an e-mail address and a phone number that no one at the Fool is responding to. That is the main issue. It's an easy fix if they care to do it.
minus the phone number if no one is answering it (I am not sure why that is

Nobody answers the phone any more. Are you living in 1997?
No. of Recommendations: 11
Yesterday, in 2020, I phoned the Boston Globe to cancel an online subscription and someone answered...in order to talk me into keeping the subscription! They won't let you cancel online. I still canceled, but at least that business is aware that human contact matters and might help retain clients in certain situations. Lots of other businesses, including Apple and eBay, offer support by phone.

If the Motley Fool is not answering their phone, why do they even post a number? So people can call it and discover that no one is on the other end? That's ridiculous! Anyway, I'm done critiquing how the MF does business with its subscribers. I'm not the only person to notice the problem. It's a shame, given all the good they offer, that they fall short in this area. Cheerio!