Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Plenty of potholes in my area. I just don't run over them at damage-causing speed, and mostly don't run over them at all. Easy. I mean, you could say that jersey barriers / guard rails ruin cars too, but only if you run into them.

I could hit them faster in my truck with it's tall sidewall tires, but I still don't, just for comfort's sake.

I think DRIVERS ruin cars a lot more often than unavoidable conditions do...with the exception of bad hail storms probably.

And, sure, the tire technology exists to make taller sidewall tires perform as well as low profile tires. But there are comfort trade-offs and weight considerations and DOT compliance requirements for street legal tires that probably are factors in the design decisions. It's not ONLY because low profile tires are a trend.

xtn
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Plenty of potholes in my area. I just don't run over them at damage-causing speed, and mostly don't run over them at all. Easy. I mean, you could say that jersey barriers / guard rails ruin cars too, but only if you run into them.

I could hit them faster in my truck with it's tall sidewall tires, but I still don't, just for comfort's sake.

I think DRIVERS ruin cars a lot more often than unavoidable conditions do...with the exception of bad hail storms probably.

And, sure, the tire technology exists to make taller sidewall tires perform as well as low profile tires. But there are comfort trade-offs and weight considerations and DOT compliance requirements for street legal tires that probably are factors in the design decisions. It's not ONLY because low profile tires are a trend.

xtn
Print the post Back To Top