Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
I'm usually pretty positive here on the boards but this time I won't be. I'm really not trying to be mean so I hope it will be taken as such.

I have listened to the podcasts that I have found at media.fool.com. I love the idea in theory, and really want to love listening to them. I have a long commute and an intelligent show talking about investing concepts, strategies and contrarian opinions would make me do backflips. That's what I hope for every time I download one of these podcasts.

Unfortunately I don't feel like that is what we get. I don't know if the show is supposed to be in the spirit of the Fool with all the silliness and corny jokes, or if that is just what the hosts bring to the table.

I see how this might have some appeal to someone somewhere, but is this really the highest action item on the podcast agenda? Is this really a community that was clamoring for a jeopardy style game show for entertainment? I personally don't enjoy the "Ooh Ooh" segments, and almost feel embarrassed for TMF for producing these shows. If I want entertainment there are a million places I can go to hear a radio show, almost all of which are more entertaining than this podcast. What I do have the need for is an investing show that will help me learn new concepts and recognize what is happening in the market today.

Just some feedback from someone who really wants to like the show, but is puzzled that TMF thinks this is what our community wants. Hey maybe it is and I'm the weird one, if so I'm sorry. But to me the podcast has little to no value, however much I want to enjoy it I think you guys are on the wrong track and need to re-evaluate what this community wants out of a show.

But thanks for the effort, hopefully it will evolve into something more enjoyable as others give feedback.

Jeremy
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.