Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Pointing out a HIAS/refugee link to this particular synagogue (if true, I hadn't heard) is like saying a woman was raped because she wore nice clothes. It's a perverted thought, IMO.

Anti semites hate jews because they're parochial. and because they're globalist. and because they're communists. and because they're capitalist. the underlying reason can shift. In this case, from the murderers own words on the "gab" site, it was the refugee link that made him target Tree of Life specifically (they had hosted a refugee shabbat). Other anti semites would've targetted a different place perhaps depending on their own views of intersectionality of their biases.

It's not a "perverted thought", it was the given reason in this specific case.

To your wake up comment. thanks for the link. I think I am pretty aware of anti semitism, and its a problem on both the right and the left (IMHO). I live in the NYC area and the vast majority of anti semitic crimes here are from individuals (Again generally not an instituitional link) that I'd place politically on the left.

silencer
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.