Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

I got an e-mail today from the Motley Fool asking me to join CAPS. Okay, hopefully nobody will take this the wrong way, but I just had to chuckle at one section - and besides, according to the CAPS help page, taunting is encouraged, so here goes. :-)

"So, you think you've got game? Think you can beat David Gardner?"

Ummm, well, yeah. Dave goes long on stocks like Whole Foods Market and alternative energy ETFs. How hard could it be?

"Ok, how about Tom Gardner? Or Mathew Emmert? Or Philip Durrell? Or Bill Mann?"

Check, checkeroo, double check, and check once again for good measure.

"After all, why speculate when CAPS can prove your superiority and then BROADCAST it to the entire Fool community? But don't take my word for it. Ask Charly Travers."

Yeah I'd noticed the first part, but who's this Charly Travers guy?

"You guessed it, Charly is a CAPS "All-Star." That means he has earned a player rating of 80 or higher -- placing him squarely in the top 20% of the entire CAPS alliance. As I write this, Charly is the Top-Rated player."

I need to check my CAPS page more often!

"That's right, Charly is the "Top Fool!" For now, that is. After all, you can bet somebody will knock him out of the top spot. Why shouldn't it be you?"

Hey, great idea! Maybe I'll be the one! Somehow I have a strange sense of deja-vu though... it's like I've already been there, done that - or something.

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.