Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Politicians operate on the Willie Sutton principle. Big business is where the money is. What's the use of having power if you can't get rich off of it?
Threaten to regulate where the money is. Make the companies pay you some protection money as campaign donations, then forget all about it. Unless the idiots blow up the system like investment banks did. How are the drugs companies doing? Pretty well so far. Oil and gas? Frack baby frack!
Which is the long way of saying that 90% chance nothing will come out of this. Warren especially is a blowhard - sort of a left Rush Limbaugh (JMHO.) No Sheila Baier she.

Having said that, I won't be sorry if FB had to regurgitate WhatsApp and Instagram, nor if Google had to split off Waze or even YouTube. These companies get rich off of our data and break plenty of laws. Amazon, I don't know, maybe they do mean the claptrap about privacy. Plus they don't need to sell data to make money, AWS and the infinite patience of their shareholders (whom they keep diluting slowly) has been good enough. Same with Apple, I still trust them regarding privacy. No need to exploit user data (plus they did punish FB and Google for doing so.)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.