45% (109 Votes)
The Bull is right.
 39% (94 Votes)
The Bear is right.
 14% (35 Votes)
I can't make up my mind.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
The dueling Mr. Lawler and Mr. Saletta make compelling arguments. Thus, with reservation, i stay bullish. My choice, though, to remain bullish is not based in hopeful optimism. In the following paraphrase of Lawling's rebuttal comment that, "...advancements in the financial sector have enabled government and private corporations to better prevent or adjust to economic shocks without triggering meltdowns in the economy" (4JAN07, paragraph 4 Lawler's rebuttal) is my optimism based.

Interestingly, by stating Federal Reserve Chief Ben Bernanke's comment about asking China to allow the yuan to appreciate against the dollar, Chuck Salletta's bearish argument (at least that part) could be taken as buttressing the bullish point of Lawler's advancement argument (see, Sallatta"s second paragraph 4JAN07.)
No. of Recommendations: 1
Nicely put arguments on both sides so I won't be voting either way however I would like to prognosticate a little myself.

I predict that on most days the markets will open at their usual time (unless they don't) most likely close to the level they closed at on the previous trading day. More often than not they'll move either higher or lower from where they open unless they're just flat. When the news is good they'll move either up or down and likewise when the news is bad. Over the course of the year they'll end either higher or lower than where they closed 2006.

Ken