Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Have you?
I dropped my ballot in an official drop-box.
I mailed my ballot.
I voted early in person.
I plan to vote early in person.
I plan to vote in person on election day.

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
I replied that I had dropped my ballot in an official drop box because that was the closest option. But I actually requested an early ballot in August, then filled it out when I received it in early September.(same as vote by mail in NC and you don't need a reason to request one).

After I filled it out I actually dropped it off at the Board of Elections. So my vote was history long before debates and the intense political ads.

No mail, no dropbox. I put it in the hands of the worker and she got my information that I had to sign.

And in NC they count them when they are received. so except for those that will be postmarked in time but won't arrive until after November 3, they should have results the night of the election here.

Talking with friends who voted early in person, the vote early lines were very long the first day or two, but very little waiting a week later.
But I don't live in NY, or even Raleigh or Charlotte.
Dropped it in a ballot box and it has already been counted. King County reports ballots are being returned at a rate about 20X faster than in 2016 and we're almost to 50% turnout.
No. of Recommendations: 2
No mail, no dropbox. I put it in the hands of the worker and she got my information that I had to sign.

The only drop-off point in my upstate NY county is the Board of Elections. It's a pink container that, during early voting, is right inside the door so that people dropping off ballots don't get mixed in with those waiting to vote. An employee who marshals the waiting voters as they reach the entrance keeps an eye on it.

Nothing to sign when you deliver a ballot. You sign the envelope but people ordinarily do that as soon as they fill out the ballot.

I voted in person on Saturday, but I've also been around there as a non-partisan monitor.
I only wish to add that if you haven;t mailed your mail-in ballot yet, I think it's too late. Use an official ballot drop-box or vote in person, early or on Nov. 3rd.

And tell your friends and relations! Especially elderly or low-info folks who are accustomed to being able to rely on timely USPS delivery and unaware of the current problems.
No. of Recommendations: 0
DH & I decided we would go to our regular polling place on election day as usual. We considered voting early, but then decided that we'd be more likely to encounter crowds and long waiting times at the early-voting sites available to us. They are in larger towns, and will draw early voters from many surrounding villages and hamlets. So far, that has turned out to be correct. The early voting spots are packed.

We decided against mail-in because comrade 45's efforts to undermine the postal service.

Here's hoping the crowds at early voting sites all around the country include a good number of additional voters -- people who didn't turn out in 2016 or 2018.

regards,
Kris