No. of Recommendations: 0
Please vote for the answer which is closest to your thoughts.

As used below "ban" means "none left". Buy back programs for weapons that are made illegal but no grandfathering of existing weapons. Lengthy jail sentences for carrying an illegal weapon.
Ban all guns
Ban all semi-automatic weapons
Ban large capacity magazines
No changes at all
I've got what I need right here in my ...

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
Pass a law requiring the NRA to fully staff and fund school security nationwide. Or are they "all hat and no cattle"?

Either they put up--or shut up.

Funding paid by a fee/tax on all guns sold/held by civilians. If they are not willing to pay to protect kids, then kids are NOT protected. And that same statement can be applied to national defense (LOL !!). Pay to play. You want it---you pay for it. NRA wants it--NRA pays for it.

Unless, of course, the NRA is the "bad guys" with guns....

Funny, there were armed guards at Colombine.... How did that work out for the NRA and their "good guys" stop "bad guys" with guns in schools?
Do research before you start blabbing about things you don't know about.

Guards at Columbine? Cursory research turns up the single guard was in the parking lot. He did engage Harris from 60 yards with a handgun and did delay him. That saved lives (time = lives if you don't understand what I mean).

Harris and Klebold had bombs (some of which went off) as well as arms. The murders at Columbine could have been much worse.

Swat did nothing except hold guns on people coming out. A single armed teacher in the library could have stopped them before they murdered the kids they murdered.

But you people's laws say that good people can't have guns in school to protect kids or teachers or administrators. After all, that would be admitting you don't have control. So you let kids and administrators and teachers sit there in a glass house with NO protection from insane murderers.

You people are too stupid for words. In an ideal world where no one went crazy ever, maybe you would have a leg to stand on, but sir, the world isn't ideal, people do go crazy, some people are simply bad people who want to murder someone else and somewhere, somehow we need somebody with enough guts to stop them before they harm those who we love. If that someone is a teacher with a concealed weapon or an administrator with a concealed weapon, or an Israeli type guard and metal detectors with backup behind a two way mirror, bring those someones on and let them be protection for our kids.

Taking guns from the hands of lawful responsible people does zilch to stop a murderer. I would think it would have been obvious after Sandy Hook and Columbine that your 'No Gun Zones' are just another murder field.
spikie: He did engage Harris from 60 yards with a handgun and did delay him. That saved lives (time = lives if you don't understand what I mean).

The shooters apparently had several places in mind; the library, the cafeteria.

The quick encounter with the first cop didn't stop them from reaching the library. The cops outside didn't stop them.

I don;t know what you expect an armed school employee to do that the cop wouldn't do. There were plenty of access points at which a hero could enter that building.... but they didn't.

I was talking with some college kids this weekend and they feel that allowing college students and teachers to pack is utter insanity.... that there is enough risk without arming a bunch of emotional, unstable students and teachers.
spikie:But you people's laws say that good people can't have guns in school to protect kids or teachers or administrators. After all, that would be admitting you don't have control. ...

You people are too stupid for words. In an ideal world where no one went crazy ever, maybe you would have a leg to stand on, but ....

You clearly have no idea how crazy you sound!

You're exactly the reason pumping a huge number of unnecessary firearms into our society is a bad idea.

Playing combat. Pfffft. Grow the eff up.
No. of Recommendations: 2
You people are too stupid for words.

May I suggest you work on your persuasion skills?