No. of Recommendations: 0
Just curious about Demographic out here.
It seems to me we are a little concentrated in certain grouping, but who knows. Anyway, if these grouping stink make suggestions and we will try again
40 and under
41-50
50-60
60-67 1/2
Screw you OK, I am a little grey

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
Just curious about Demographic out here.
It seems to me we are a little concentrated in certain grouping, but who knows. Anyway, if these grouping stink make suggestions and we will try again

11% (2 Votes )
40 and under

17% (3 Votes )
41-50

39% (7 Votes )
50-60

28% (5 Votes )
60-67 1/2

6% (1 Vote )
Screw you OK, I am a little grey

Thanks, that is about the way I thought it would break down, though maybe the 41-50 being equal or marginally higher than the 60-67 but that may be sample size, or more likely that 41-50 may be wo... wo.... wor...... wor..... oh my I can't bring myself to say it, oh well
No. of Recommendations: 1
When I saw your poll, It was a little disturbing to me. For the first time, I'm in an age range that includes the dreaded number "60".

decath (turns 51 in 15 days.)
When I saw your poll, It was a little disturbing to me. For the first time, I'm in an age range that includes the dreaded number "60".

Please forgive my insensitivity. It really should have read 51-60(really look at the poll that would have been correct!) so consider yourself mislabeled for the next few weeks

But if you want to feel dreaded stuff? Each birthday for more than the last 25 years I revisit an offhand comment I made to one of my older coworkers when he took me out for my 25th birthday, when I told him I felt old having reached a quarter of a century -- at the time I could not understand why he didn't chuckle while I thought it was kind of funny!
"Thanks, that is about the way I thought it would break down, though maybe the 41-50 being equal or marginally higher than the 60-67 but that may be sample size, or more likely that 41-50 may be wo... wo.... wor...... wor..... oh my I can't bring myself to say it, oh well" - lowstudent

The Greying of the Retire Early board? I wonder who will be left 10 or 20 years down the road?

Eventually we won't be retire early, we'll just be retired!

Art

Please forgive my insensitivity. It really should have read 51-60(really look at the poll that would have been correct!) so consider yourself mislabeled for the next few weeks

Also, if you are 50 or 60, you fall into two separate age groups on your poll.
Eventually we won't be retire early, we'll just be retired!

Art

And after that we'll REHU - Retired Eventually Holographic Universe!
"decath (turns 51 in 15 days.)"

Happy Birthday! So your birthday is in the same month as Christmas? That could be bad if you were a kid? My dad was born on December 27, 1918. I think my oldest sister Valerie is a December child also? She turns 72 years old this year. She was born in 1940.

I turn 60 in a little over 3 months..... I think I sort of like it.

Art

Which is why is should have read 51-60 as I said, whoops, but at least I apparently only caught Decath and he is twice the man as the rest of us, so he should answer twice<grin>
"And after that we'll REHU - Retired Eventually Holographic Universe!" - lowstudent
----------------------------

There are things that I know about consciousness and the soul that Einstein didn't know. It hadn't been thought of yet, like the holographic universe theory, etc. All the stuff about connectedness and oneness, the experiments done by Alain Aspect, etc. hadn't been done and non-locality wasn't really as understood. Albert Einstein died like in 1955. I think it wasn't till like the 1960's that David Bohm and Dr. Karl Pribam came up with their "Holographic" idea about out universe and brain. Michael Talbot, a Science Writer, didn't get his book The Holographic Universe published till 1992 (and died of Leukemia soon thereafter).

It's all like a great big interconnected puzzle. A puzzle framed by quantum physics and the holographic principle, and the inner pieces made up of pieces like near death experiences, death bed visions, mystical and transcendental experiences, EVP, the work of some gifted Mediums, and even some information gleaned from various Religions, etc.

When you step back and view the big picture it paints a picture that is more amazing, more mentally challenging, than we can even begin to imagine. All we can do is gaze in awe at the puzzle and try and make sense of it. Each person is free to study the pieces and try and come up with something that gives their own life meaning.

And if you look at the puzzle and see nothing, and it doesn't fill you with awe, well that's all right too because I believe that it probably doesn't matter what we believe. I believe that the Creator of the Universe was so intelligent that He/She/I AM was able to create a Universe where we learn what we are supposed to learn regardless of who we are, or where we live, or what we believe. That the soul's lessons are embedded in our everyday lives and it is holistically imprinted with what it needs to learn - even if we don't want it to. The education of the soul is too important to leave it up to chance. God loves us more than that.

I think the soul's lessons are universal; meaning that it applies to everyone at every time and that we all learn our lessons because of that interconnectivity thing. Another words after we cross over I will know what you know and you will know what I know. It's a holographic universe thing. We share information on the other side and it is instantly downloaded into our brains. We are all connected just like the characters in the Star Trek Holodeck are all projections from the Ship's computer. Just by thinking of a thing we will know. It's that "all knowledge" thing that so many near death experiencers talk about in their NDE descriptions.

The Other Side is the holographic film that our universe is a projection from which means that everything that is here also must exist there. Whatever we "think of" or focus our attention on - on the other side - is what we will experience. That is why the Tibetan Book of the Dead tells the Newly Departed to not be afraid of the demons it encounters because they are only projections from his own mind.

Art
The Other Side is the holographic film that our universe is a projection from which means that everything that is here also must exist there. Whatever we "think of" or focus our attention on - on the other side - is what we will experience....

Well, I guess it's good that Goldy Hawn will always be 19
No. of Recommendations: 2
Happy Birthday! So your birthday is in the same month as Christmas? That could be bad if you were a kid? My dad was born on December 27, 1918. I think my oldest sister Valerie is a December child also? She turns 72 years old this year. She was born in 1940.

I turn 60 in a little over 3 months..... I think I sort of like it.

Art

Yep. Dec 14th. It was bad as a kid. My mom tried one time to have a BD party for me in the 2nd grade. Only my cousin showed up. She was furious and never bothered again. Of course, she was more concerned about the work she put into it then how dissapointed her only child was. She still talks about it and it is "all" about her.

So ya, birthday's were never very exciting to me. In addition, my parents were extremely selfish, only spending money on themselves so I rarely got much of anything. WHen I did get something, unless it was very cheap, I did not get what I wanted.

Thankfully for me, sports became my outlet and as long as I did my chores and stayed out of their way, life was tolerable.

decath

Which is why is should have read 51-60 as I said, whoops, but at least I apparently only caught Decath and he is twice the man as the rest of us, so he should answer twice<grin>

Actually, the way you put the poll together is fine. If you think of the age 50 or 60 as an instant in time (the very split second you turn 50 or 60), then 50 and 60 can fall into the two categories. So if you are less than 50, then you'd fall in the 40-50 category (or whatever division you put up there). And if you are 50 plus 3 seconds, or plus 2 days, or plus 6 months, then you'd be in the 50-60 category.
Too many darn youngsters on this Board. Let's hear for the Medicare crowd.

Apparently you haven't been watching those life insurance commercials where they ask you if you are between the ages of 50 to 85. Being lumped in with 85-year-olds... now I find that disturbing.
But if you want to feel dreaded stuff? Each birthday for more than the last 25 years I revisit an offhand comment I made to one of my older coworkers when he took me out for my 25th birthday, when I told him I felt old having reached a quarter of a century -- at the time I could not understand why he didn't chuckle while I thought it was kind of funny!

In my case, when I turned 25, one certain friend couldn't keep himself from reminding me that I was a quarter of a century. Now that was just plain annoying.

My paternal grandmother was born on December 26, 1896. She would have turned 116 years old this month had she lived. She was born in Palermo, Sicily and came to America on the S.S. Canopic in July 1912, just three months after the Titanic sank. Her ship landed in Boston Harbor.
"My paternal grandmother was born on December 26, 1896. She would have turned 116 years old this month had she lived. She was born in Palermo, Sicily and came to America on the S.S. Canopic in July 1912, just three months after the Titanic sank. Her ship landed in Boston Harbor."

There were probably 50 or 80 ships sailing across the ocean.

My mom's parents came across the sea...one from italy..one from Sweden...in 1912...through Ellis Island...... NY......

I don't think any of the other ships sank.....there were 'sinkable' and took more care not to run into icebergs....

t.
"In my case, when I turned 25, one certain friend couldn't keep himself from reminding me that I was a quarter of a century. Now that was just plain annoying." - andrew
---------------------------------

What's amazing is how fast the next quarter century rolls around.

Art