Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
 8% (3 Votes)
Yes, you are funny. I laugh at most of your stuff.
 13% (5 Votes)
You are not funny. I would not waste a REC on you.
 24% (9 Votes)
You are funny. I would REC you but I don't use them all up.
 29% (11 Votes)
I wish you would just go away, REC whore.
 24% (9 Votes)
You are a waste of good air.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 7
ChodaBoy:

To you go the kudos of creating the first ever Poll on The Jester Board and, in true Jester fashion, made it an ego trip of which I am extremely proud. My only regret is that I didn't think of it first.

Are you funny? Yes. Do you get the appropriate recs? No. However, that's true of us all. As a fellow Rec gigolo I find that recs are now as scarce as Bogey's bogies. Since the moratorium of recs my own post/rec stats have nosed dived. Since I contend that I haven't changed, the system has – and not for the better.

Which, when you look at it, is a pisser. It ain't funny, McGee. You start a board, get some of the brightest and best at TMF posting and recs are so few that you'd think they're overly hoarded. I say bring back unlimited recs! Now!

For whatever reason, The Jester Board has already got more than 1600 posts in a measly 11 days. My rec 'allowance' is 30 a day and I spend them here because I truthfully admire good, well crafted wit. But there's, because of our growth, more than 30 posts worth rec'ing each day. Pisser.

Moreover, The Jester Board serves a valuable purpose at TMF. But for us TMF would sink into a mass of seriousness. And, come to think of it, isn't the Jester Cap TMF's logo and we wear it better?

And yet… Let's see how it goes across the next while. TMF may up the recs, or we may get a higher profile, or we could get Allen Greenspan to come over with his rib-ticklers. It's my view that TMF shorting recs is not a good marketing ploy. TMF should take a page out of Keynesian economics: when the market is down, increase the rec allowance; when it's up, then you decrease it.

ChoadaBoy, you're funny and you're in the thick of the funny with other funny posters. Plus, remember, you're in contention for the Ferrari, the LearJet, and/or one of the Gardner's unused mansions.

Add on this: April 1st is coming up and that's traditionally Fool's Day at TMF. I want to make it The Jester's Day and, to do this, I am going to need help from you all.

MichaelR – Jester

No. of Recommendations: 1
Add on this: April 1st is coming up and that's traditionally Fool's Day at TMF. I want to make it The Jester's Day and, to do this, I am going to need help from you all.
===*===

No no, Michael you don't want to go head to head against Motley on "their" day they got home field advantage. Ya need to hit 'em on like the Ides of April or somesuch, come out of left field, y'know blindside 'em.

Raggmopp
Tactician
No. of Recommendations: 2
Yes Choada Boy, you are funny. Crude and vulgar at times, but nearly always funny, too.

I've been known to rec your posts now and then, but like everyone on TMF, I have been rec-rationed. Between this board, the Political Asylum (talk about some funny people!), The Fun(ky) Art of BBQ, A Foolish -fillintheblank- Party and the serious stock boards I frequent now and then--when they get posts--my recs are spread pretty thin.

Melissa

I'm game... what do you need us to do?

Melissa

Melissa--Jester (dang! I keep forgetting to write that)
===*===

No no no, do'nt go head to head with the LandLords what would happen if we WON? Then they'd send Bogey over here to ride herd. Make Jester's Day April 15th, much better in every respect for a whole lot of reasons.

Da Mopp
Make Jester's Day April 15th, much better in every respect for a whole lot of reasons.

----------------

I like that idea, too... staggered time... 2 months into the NEW Fool... imagine what can be done with that...

CaveGirl <---- AnarchistJester
No. of Recommendations: 6
No no no, do'nt go head to head with the LandLords what would happen if we WON? Then they'd send Bogey over here to ride herd. Make Jester's Day April 15th, much better in every respect for a whole lot of reasons.

Da Mopp

Da Mopp, you de man. Okay, the Ides of April it is. Everyone put their Jester caps on and think up whay we'll do. Remember I shall be in Washington in late April so I'd love it if I walk into TMF HQ and I get physically assaulted or get free beer -- either way, I love making an impact. Additionally, my plan is to get to Bogey's computer, click on to our board, and snort Coca-Cola through my nose all over his monitor and keyboard. My revenge for reduced recs.

MichaelR

Nefariousness starts by e-mail.

No. of Recommendations: 2
Additionally, my plan is to get to Bogey's computer, click on to our board, and snort Coca-Cola through my nose all over his monitor and keyboard. My revenge for reduced recs.

MichaelR

---------------------

Will you please either toilet paper his desk area or scatter a few baby diapers amongst his things? Leave a little sticky note simply stating Love, CaveGirl.

Thank you.
I still suggest a Tee Peeing of TMF headquarters on the Ides of April. The only problem I see is that TP is naturally attracted to the stuff that DavidG and TMFBogey are made of. Oh wait, that's not a problem after all.

Choadaboy - Still trying to figure out how to mail a bag of flaming dog doo.
No. of Recommendations: 6
Additionally, my plan is to get to Bogey's computer, click on to our board, and snort Coca-Cola through my nose all over his monitor and keyboard.

Here's what you do: have a photo taken of your face and hands pressed up against a piece of glass, so it looks like you're trapped inside a television. Put this on to a disc and load it on to Bogey's computer. Open it full screen so it looks like you're stuck in his PC!

Bonus points: record the sound of your voice saying "Help! Help! I'm stuck in the monitor!" and get this to play on the PC at the same.

Ascalon
Remember I shall be in Washington in late April so I'd love it if I walk into TMF HQ and I get physically assaulted....
===*===

Gourd, with any luck we could be so huge that they'd tar and feather you, think of the notoriety. WOOT!

Raggmopp
I still suggest a Tee Peeing of TMF headquarters on the Ides of April

Huh? Who would do that? How would you do that in front of HQ? Not to mention that is totally unfair cause watching women pee on a tee just isn't the same as watching a man attempt to aim at a tee. Therefore, I consider this entire issue a mute point since women can't be involved!

Kim - Jester (Do you know what's coming in April?)
Here's what you do: have a photo taken of your face and hands pressed up against a piece of glass, so it looks like you're trapped inside a television. Put this on to a disc and load it on to Bogey's computer. Open it full screen so it looks like you're stuck in his PC!

Bonus points: record the sound of your voice saying "Help! Help! I'm stuck in the monitor!" and get this to play on the PC at the same.

That would make a fabulous screen saver.

Kim - Jester (Do you know what's coming in April?)
Yes, ChoadaBoy you are funny. Your timely pratfalls and big shoes are reminiscent of Emmett Kelly, the raspberries that you give grate on my ears and the ethnic voices and impressions are superb.

Huh? This isn't the Man Show?

Sorry....Nevermind.
I think you are pretty funny, but I had to vote
"You are a waste of good air."

It was the funniest option.
So you tell me...am I funny?

Funny? How? You mean, funny like a clown? Like you're some sort of effin clown here to AMUSE me? What the eff is so effin funny about you?
I think I need more options.

Cib
Yes, O great Jester-in-chief, what do we need to do to help in this grand jesterlologic endeavor? (sound formal enough???)

KY Hawkeye--Jester