Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Are you watching tonight's debate?
Yes. I'm a political junkie.
Yes. I have no life.
No. Nothing said will change my mind.
No. Watching ESPN, FoodTV, HGTV, anything else.
I have a debate in my pants.

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
I generally don't watch debates, usually I know where I stand already so why waste my time? I know where I stand this time too, but it might be worth it to see Romney mop the floor with 0bama. However I'll likely not watch because I'll be outvoted for control of the remote (my six-year-old son and non-political wife certainly won't want to watch). There's always the highlights afterwards online and such. I'd watch it online if I had a good enough signal to do that (but neither my WiFi nor 3G will permit live streaming of video, though audio might work).
I will watch the debates but not "live". I will watch them tomorrow. I need to get to bed between 915-930.

LD
No. of Recommendations: 3
Going to attend Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University seminar, then watch Miggy claim the Triple Crown.
I don't watch any political speeches, debates, campaign ads, press conferences, etc, no matter who it is. I don't watch any political commentators either. The only thing I watch on Fox News is Red Eye, if I'm awake, a totally unserious show that's on here at midnight and which ususally features attractive women and funny comedians as panel guests. I don't need to be reminded of how hosed we are.

I mostly read conservative and libertarian blogs and e-zines. I don't have to read liberal ones because the conservative and libertarian ones do a good job of deconstructing their nonsense.

Occasionally a liberal site will report straight unbiased news that's worth reading, but only if it's about something they can't put a spin on. For example, here's an informative article from the Huffington Post about the Czech ban on hard liquor we encountered during our trip:

Czech Republic Alcohol Ban Eases, Deadly Booze Hunt Goes On

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/26/czech-republic-alco...

The Czech government agreed on Wednesday to ease a ban on the sale and export of spirits after police found the source behind the spread of deadly bootleg booze that has killed 26 people.

The state banned the sale of hard liquor on Sept. 14, a tough step in one of the world's hardest-drinking nations and a popular party destination for Britons and other Europeans. Exports were stopped last week under EU pressure.

From Thursday, the government will allow the sale of newly made and stamped bottles, although police are still searching for up to 15,000 litres of liquor containing methanol. The worst health scare for decades in the EU member country of 10.5 million was still bringing new patients to hospitals this week.

None of our restaurant servers spoke good enough English to explain what was going on, just enough to tell me "No vodka and tonic for you."

--fleg
fleg wrote: I don't need to be reminded of how hosed we are.

No kidding, yet like a train wreck, I can't not look.
Two days late here, but I actually did sit through the entire debate, although it did give me a bit of a headache.

I even sat through some of the media blather afterward, although by the time the "fact checkers" came on, I fell asleep, so I have no idea what they said.
Two days late here, but I actually did sit through the entire debate, although it did give me a bit of a headache.

I still haven't seen the whole thing. From which site did you get it?
I still haven't seen the whole thing. From which site did you get it?

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I watched it live on TV Wednesday night. By "two days late" I meant in posting to this thread.