Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
 61% (13 Votes)
Mark Twain (love to tell him how things have turned out)
 4% (1 Vote)
Charles Dickens (love to tell him how much money Rowlings makes)
 0% (0 Votes)
George Elliot ("women authors no longer have to pretend to be men?")
 0% (0 Votes)
Herman Melville (so, Hermy baby, what was the book REALLY about?"
 33% (7 Votes)
J.R.R. Tolkien (what do you think of the movie?)
Print the post Back To Top
I voted for Dickins. On the other side of the table, I'd have to invite a guy who really hated his guts, Edgar Allen Poe. Then I'd pour myself and Chuck a nice glass of wine (carbonated grape juice for Eddie), sit back and enjoy the pissing match.

Uhura :o)
I pick
Ben Franklin
Thomas Jefferson.
(you didn't say fiction author).

William Shakespeare--gotta ask him if he really wrote those plays, and to talk about the symbolism in Hamlet. Need to find out I nailed it on all those high school and college papers.

Ernest Hemingway
F.Scott Fitzgerald
(the last two are actually my first choices). Scott gets to bring Zelda, too (it would be rude not to invite her).

Janet
I pick
Ben Franklin
Thomas Jefferson.

Just remember that Ben is a vegetarian and Tom like expensive French wine. Don't serve chicken. Ben won't eat it, and I wouldn't want to be the one to offer the platter to Tom with the question, "Do you prefer white meat or dark?"

Uhura :o)