Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Bank of America
Wells Fargo
Bank One

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
For all those who voted ... why did you make the choice you did between Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Bank One?
There are no Wells Fargo or Bank One banks in my town. Only BoA.
I only picked BofA because I've heard so many horror stories about B1 and WF, but I don't really like them either!
I would be curious to test if both managing BofA bill pay via Quicken and Quicken direct connect to BofA account history can really make banking easier.
No. of Recommendations: 1
For all those who voted ... why did you make the choice you did between Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Bank One?

I chose BOA because of their military banking operation. I still keep an account there for ATM deposit purposes. It's not as good as USAA but recent improvements have made it more attractive (free bill pay - however, still no ACH, customer service not as good - calls roll over to a non-Military Banking call center if it's busy and you can tell the difference, toll free service only available from certain countries, overdraft protection only with credit card, not savings account, profit motive more important to BOA, minimum balance still required, ATM rebates not available and BOA is not everywhere yet, etc.).

However, BOA uses a Gallup Poll to gauge satisfaction among its customers. A recent publication from them (the Military Bank arm of BOA) says "You helped us receive a 93.4% Customer Satisfaction Rating, the highest in Bank of America". I'd say BOA - Military Bank isn't a bad option, just not as good as it could be.

-z
No wellsfargo or bankone that I'm aware of. Plus the internet checking at BoA is free if you have a direct deposit per month which is pretty easy since it's my paycheck. No minimum.

This is my first time on this board. Hope you don't mind my butting in. A search brought me here and I am a poll junkie.

I deal with all three of the banks you listed on a daily basis albeit the credit card departments. That's my job. I voted for Bank of America. My personal experience:

I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes but I wouldn't recommend Wells Fargo to a dog. They are hard nosed and more often than not--rude.

Bank One is a good bank in my opinion. They are usually courteous and helpful, but not always.

Bank of America has never been anything but courteous and helpful every time I have contacted them and they truly try to do what they can to help their customers.

Ester
(with my 2 cents you get change)

Bank One or BONE is the only one in the area. Wells Fargo sounds good as does BOA.
Folks,

Try living in the Northeast where there is "none of the above" (BofA, WF, BankOne).

Instead, we have to deal with such institutions as Fleet, Citizens, and others...

SJJ