Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Anyone happen to be finding more time for video games these past few days?
 52% (9 Votes)
Yes
 47% (8 Votes)
No
 0% (0 Votes)
TOO SOON!
Print the post Back To Top
So Ron, what are you playing these days? Anything where on-line grouping is possible?
My kids are older, the office has sufficiently been moved home, the fridge is full, my wife has expressly forbidden me to got to Lowes to pick up some paint (unnecessary risk she says) so... HELL YEAH! So much time to game, I'm not using it all and am spending time with the kids and wife. What has the world come to?!

Simon
No. of Recommendations: 2
So Ron, what are you playing these days?

Hey Steve - I usually play 2-5 rounds of Heroes of the Storm (Human team vs AI) daily. I've been playing since Beta and still enjoy a few quick games vs the AI. It doesn't stress me out... :)

Afterwards, I'll dive into whatever single player game I'm currently playing as I'm a pretty linear gamer. I'm not comfortable bouncing around different story-based games just like I only read one book at a time. I do run parallel games between whatever I'm playing on PC and whatever I'm playing on my PS4. I recently finished A Plague Tale: Innocence which I really enjoyed. Then I re-played The Witcher which was just as fun as I remembered, and now I'm fully engaged with The Witcher 2 which, for various reasons I'd started several times, but never got very far into. I'm roughly 1/2-way through now and have no idea why I didn't play it sooner. Plan is to dive straight into The Witcher 3 and DLC when I finish.

On the PS4, I still have Dishonored 2 unfinished with Spiderman and God of War waiting in the wings. My most anticipated game across any platform at the moment is The Last of Us 2 due out the end of May. I'm hoping the real world doesn't resonate too closely with that game world by then!

How about you?

Draggon
No. of Recommendations: 1
I mostly still play Diablo III

Leana
Dishonored and Dishonored 2 were fun. I am playing Witcher 3 (I have been playing it forever, it feels like, and I am not very far into it--or maybe I am, but there are a lot of quests that are suggesting very high levels, so who knows). It is great for eating up time--that is for sure. I did play Resident Evil 2, but that seems off now.
Mount & Blade Bannerlord comes out to early access next week.

NEXT WEEK!

Sorry, a little excited about that one.

Simon
I've been able to catch up on some games I'd either started and put down (Watch Docs 2) when I got games I was more excited about or bought and never started (Arkham Knight, which I'm currently working through).

Once I finish that, I'm either gonna have to find a new game or go back to Shadow of Mordor or The Last of Us (which I mainly stopped playing because I reached a point where I realized I just wasn't in a good place to get past a certain section and was probably gonna have to start over).

dsbrady
No. of Recommendations: 2
My company's been on full-time telecommute for 3 weeks now, and I had a bit of extra time in the early part of that, but I've got my kids this week who are on distance learning so I'm working and am Professor Dad, so not so much now. Still more than zero though, so:

Finishing the Battletech campaign tonight on PC, and will probably start up a Career run to have available when I want some turn-based action from time to time but won't dedicate much contiguous time to it.

Midway through Mirror's Edge Catalyst on XBox, when I finish that I'll start up Assassin's Creed Black Flag.

I'm fully engaged with The Witcher 2 which, for various reasons I'd started several times, but never got very far into. I'm roughly 1/2-way through now and have no idea why I didn't play it sooner. Plan is to dive straight into The Witcher 3 and DLC when I finish.

Right there with ya - enjoyed the first, started the 2nd several years ago and stalled but never uninstalled it; it's just sitting there mocking me, waiting for me to get back to it. With all the words spilled about how amazing #3 is (and enjoying the Netflix series which got me back in the mood for it), those 2 are next up on my list.

JT,
stay safe out there!
Mount & Blade Bannerlord comes out to early access next week.

FYI, mi amigo:
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/03/27/mount-blade-2-wi...

JT,
font of knowledge of the future
My most anticipated game across any platform at the moment is The Last of Us 2 due out the end of May. I'm hoping the real world doesn't resonate too closely with that game world by then!

S#%t just got real - Naughty Dog announced yesterday that The Last of Us 2 will be delayed "indefinitely" due to logistics issues associated with the COVID-19 pandemic. Guess I'll need to come up with a Plan B for the looming extended hunkering down.

Draggon