Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hate it!
Love it!

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
I didn't vote, because I'm mixed. Love the concept, but iffy on the execution. Buy one and let me drive it, then I'll let you know ;-)

Twit
No. of Recommendations: 1
Nice TT copy, great price!
Nice TT copy,
===*===

Yeah, that's the problem.
many "off-the-shelf" corporate suspension and underbody components were used in this design

=======================================================================

There's nothing quite like a sophisticated American hot rod. Take a Neon chassis, add some Grand Caravan parts, and - voil√° - a 140mph toy for your teenager.

UncleLee

Neutral

Audi TT meets Toyota MR2... with a PT Cruiser dash.

- Sco
Nuetral. It looks TT to me, which isn't really fair to DC. I can forgive a fair amount of ugly if it's a great drive (WRX anyone?). However, IMO, 30 years of Mopar failing to address vehicular refinement makes it tough for me to get on board.

5Speed, just bought a 6 speed, but is unsure about a moniker change.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Chrysler has built cars no one else would build, and they arouse fairly strong responses-pt cruiser, viper, prowler, and now this. $14500 for 250 horsepower with off the shelf parts-what do you all think a nova supersport was.
RE: "what do you all think a nova supersport was"

This story might be called The One That Got Away.

In the late Spring of 69 I ordered a Nova SS, Orange, black vinyl bench/w rubber floormats, 375hp 396 4-spd. The only other option was an AM radio. The factory was already cutting back 69 production to get ready for 70's, and the 396 wasn't anticipated as an continued option, so my order was returned.

I ended up with a 69 RoadRunner instead for $3000 even. (My 68 Torino GT at $1800 + $1200 cash). What mighta been?
could you get a bench with the four speed and ss package? maybe thats why your order came back.

i had been told by "them" that the easiest way to identify an "ss" was that it came with bucket seats and a floor shift.

them is often wrong, almost as often as i am.

RE: "them is often wrong"

As "they" are in this case. The SS package consisted of the base Nova with a 350 engine, 3 speed w/floor shifter, HD Suspension, wider wheels w/70 series rubber, and SS ID on the grill and rear panel.

Most were ordered with buckets and other dress-up options, but I always liked 'em plain.
Buy one and let me drive it, then I'll let you know ;-)

You don't sound like a twit at all. LOL!

docrobot
No. of Recommendations: 1
Audi TT meets Toyota MR2... with a PT Cruiser dash.

I can see the TT, but my initial reaction was it was a 350Z with a little MR2 thrown in...

THe dodge razor looks like they just grafted the front end of an mr2 spyder onto the back end of an audi tt. Of course, it's clearly more than that since if that's all they did they'd get no engine.

Looks ok, I guess.