Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Get the Marauder (with matching leather jacket)
Get a 3/4 ton Ford HD with Turbo-Diesel and hop it up
Get a Subuaru WRX and 25yr-old disguise

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
GET THE MARAUDER
GET THE MARAUDER
GET THE MARAUDER
GET THE MARAUDER
GET THE MARAUDER
GET THE MARAUDER
GET THE MARAUDER
GET THE MARAUDER

Charles
Obviously, you like the car, but are concerned about perceptions. Follow your heart. If the hype didn't exist, would you even ask the question? I drive what I like. I don't care what other people think about why I drive it. Besides, the women are looking at the car, not me.

Twit
RE: " the women are looking at the car, not me. "

That's the nice thing about (dark) tinted windows
That's the nice thing about (dark) tinted windows

Betcha they still look at just the car ;-)
Brother Twitty's smarty pants comments aside ya gotta follow yer heart on something like this. If just going out and getting in the car to go to work brightens your day, it's worth it.

Raggmopp
Brother Twitty's smarty pants comments aside

Ye Gods, get some curtains on that glass house :P

You are the emperor and acknowledged expert, for which I'm supremely jealous, of course.

Twit
Ye Gods, get some curtains on that glass house
===*===

If ya got it, flaunt it. : Þ
You are the emperor and acknowledged expert,
===*===

C'mere, lemme tell ya about dis bridge deal I got cookin'. : Þ

Raggmopp
<land in Florida?>
C'mere, lemme tell ya about dis bridge deal I got cookin'. : Þ

Well, I was looking for somthing appropriate over troubled waters...
Well, I was looking for somthing appropriate over troubled waters...
===*===

Other board, look under the "I"s.
My choices for 2004 models that might grace my parking stall are the New Cobra, Maurader, or Lightning. I am swaying to the Cobra because the supercharger has lots of untapped potential, but all three vehicles DON'T SUCK!

docrobot
RE: "New Cobra, Maurader, or Lightning"

The Cobra and Lightning are out because of the winter road conditions. I know from my experience with my LS that rear wheel drive with electronic traction control and real winter tires works great, but I'm afraid the Cobra and Lightning are too front heavy.

Either would make a great summer vehicle, but I drive so few miles per year now that I can't justify having two seperate vehicles just for that.

THANX

SB (who, back when he had a real business, had a 4x4 pickup for winter use with the clock permanently on Daylight Saving Time, and a Lincoln Mk7LSC for summer with the clock on Standard Time, so I was always 1 hour off. Go figure)
I'd say stick with the LS. The Merc and truck will feel like river barges after the svelt LS.

UncleLee

Doughnut?
Espresso?
Why get a Subaru? Stick to fine American cars, like Mercs. Screw the rice clunkers.
Thanx for all the suggestions. While the Subaru got a lot of votes, the Mercury supporters were a lot more "vocal". And nobody voted for the truck?

The Marauder was supposed to have gotten into the factory's schedule last week, and my dealer says he will take delivery whether I want it or not, so I have some more time to decide.

My customers, (I sell auto racing parts), like the Merc, but thet're hardly a representative sample. Some of the younger guys know about the Subaru, but the 25 year old disguise part may be tough to come by.

Anyway, the problem may solve itself. I'm negotiating to buy a local parts store/machine shop. If that deal goes through I'll need a truck. I'd probably keep the LS for GF to drive to work and sell her car. (Anybody interestd in a red 2000 Cougar with less than 5000 miles?)

THANX AGAIN FOR THE POSTS, this ain't over yet

SB