1 - Horrid
2 - Bad
3 - OK
4 - Good
5 - Excellent

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
You need to be careful with respect to books developed from radio programs. The medias don't always translate well. The book is a good adaptation of the radio program. The radio program was tremendously funny - fall down on the floor funny in spots.

You need to be careful with respect to books developed from radio programs. The medias don't always translate well. The book is a good adaptation of the radio program. The radio program was tremendously funny - fall down on the floor funny in spots.

I never heard the radio program, but I would say the same thing about the book. I love it. It is one of my favorite books/series of all times.
I think the polls are a great idea and this is a superb application. It is too bad that I am in the throes of moving from Tampa, FL to the swamplands of Loozyanna. We found a little ole log cabin on de bayou (well it's actually called Moss Lake) of about tree tousand square footses and plan on moving about July 1. I have already boxed up thirty some boxes of books (these are just the ones I can't live without) and have about ten to go. Valerie asked what I could do without and it was a hard choice ... none of the collection of Sir Winston Churchill ... certainly not the autographed copy of J. Edgar Hoover ... all of the poetry must stay ... each one is a personal friend that I come back to often ... how can I say goodbye to them. Yes, I know, they are available at the library but to a dedicatedly insane bibliophile it is just not the same.

I told her it was like the difference between spending the night with the woman you love and going to a house of ill fame. Fortunately she did not ask how I knew.

I will continue to lurk, comment, but much reading until probably September. Bye y'all.
... none of the collection of Sir Winston Churchill

A Winston Churchill fan! Here is my favorite Churchill quote:

Nothing is more dangerous in wartime than to live in the temperamental atmosphere of a Gallup poll, always feeling one's pulse and taking one's temperature. I see [it said that] leaders should keep their ears to the ground. All I can say is that the British nation will find it very hard to look up to leaders who are detected in that somewhat ungainly posture.
You said, "A Winston Churchill fan! Here is my favorite Churchill quote:'

Yes, I am somewhat a fan of his and also S.I. Hayakawa. For instance, my motorhome is named Sir Winston Bagel (the latter in deference to my Jewish bride of 43 years). One of my favorite quotes of Winnie is his reply to Lady Churchill who opined after his losing the election for Prime Minister following WWII when his popularity was quite high, that perhaps it was "a blessing in disguise". He answered, "It is most effectively disguised!"