Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
When did you add AAPL to your current portfolio?

If you owned it and sold it then later bought back in, then use the date you bought back in.
1970s or 1980s
1990s
2000s
2010s
2020s

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
I bought batches of shares from 2005 through 2008. Been holding all shares ever since through both gloom and doom and excessive exuberance and never sold any. Average cost basis is about 11.40 (split adjusted). I'm sure there are people here who've done even better.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Whoever bought it in the 70s or 80s must have a cost basis of $0.50 or less.
No. of Recommendations: 5
Cost basis $2.87
No. of Recommendations: 4
cost basis $1.28

JimA
No. of Recommendations: 2
I won't say what my cash basis is, but we started investing in Apple when I found out that Steve Jobs was returning. Later, we sold a lot to help make a big downpayment on a house, and no regrets there, since we have a nice home. I forgot when we stopped buying AAPL straight out, probably late 2000's, because by then the remaining Apple investment overwhelmed our portfolio. Sounds great, but it means our portfolio value is too dependent on one stock, and as much as I love Apple, I'm tremendously uncomfortable being so dependent on it. Instead, I've dabbled small sums in Apple options while looking out for smaller investments in other stocks.

-awlabrador