Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
I am reposting results of the poll "What is the best online bank?" for those who surf this forum in its "threaded" format and may miss them.
Raindancer, who conducted the poll, did a great job. I think results of the poll are generally consistent with distribution of online bank preferences I have seen at MSN, TMF, Gomez and FatWallet boards.

Here are two posts by Raindancer:

"RESULTS AND DISCUSSION:

1. First Internet Bank of Indiana
2. American Bank/ PCBanker.com
3. Bank of Internet
4. USAA
5. Umbrella Bank
6. Netbank
7. ING Direct
8. Tie for "one hit wonders"

I am confident that these results are moderately accurate. First Internet Bank has always had a strong following, even Gomez has consistently ranked them in the top Three banks. American Bank remains strong, however a few voters told me that although they feel today American Bank is the best bank, they are still bitter about what happened last year. Many love the customer service at American Bank and the interest rate offerred. American Bank still has strong support. As for Bank of Internet, this was a surprise. I did not think that they would make it in the top THREE. Many voters had told me that they have plans on opening up a Bank of Internet account. Some predicted that this Bank will be the number one bank of tommorrow. Their views seem accurate to me as Bank of Internet DID take slot number three. Personally I felt Umbrella Bank or USAA would have taken the third spot. But, as the results show they didn't. What is EVEN MORE interesting is that the NUMBER ONE RANKED bank on Gomez, CITIBANK ONLINE did NOT EVEN get ONE vote. What does that tell you? I found this quite interesting. I plan on notifying the various banks on where they stand in the poll conducted by MSN. I hope you found this information as interesting as me. Thank you for your participation and COMMENTS ARE ENCOURAGED."

"ONLINE BANKING POLL RESULTS
WHAT IS THE BEST ONLINE BANK TODAY?

Let's cut to the chase. First Internet Bank of Indiana led the poll from the starting gate. Nobody came close to catching them. They led the race securing 33% of the vote. American Bank came in second place but not without a challenge from Bank of Internet. American Bank secured 22% of the vote as Bank of Internet surprised me by taking 18% of the vote. In fact on two occasions, Bank of Internet was in second place. In fact, they were in second for an entire day at one point. I did not expect this at all. Fourth place went to USAA bank with 7% of the vote. Umbrella came in fifth with 6% of the vote. Netbank followed in sixth place securing 4% of the vote. Seventh place went to ING Direct with 3% of the vote. There were several "one hit wonders" These are banks that received one vote. These banks were Los Alamos Bank, Everbank, 53.com, State Farm Bank, Principal bank, TD Waterhouse Bank, and Bank of America. "

Source:
http://communities.msn.com/OnlineBanking/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=1&ID_Message=4702
and
http://communities.msn.com/OnlineBanking/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=1&ID_Message=4703

The poll questions at TMF can be found here:
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=17170935

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.